• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RandomGuy

can I ask you, what date was you offered the role? Just wanna know how long it takes from the offer to the medical?

On the 4th of December, same day as me if I remember correctly. I'm still waiting for medical too.

RandomGuy

can I ask you, what date was you offered the role? Just wanna know how long it takes from the offer to the medical?

Just to update, got an email to call and book medical. So I think they are just working down the list.

Super80sbaby

Hey everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took for the results to come through after the medical test? Do they tell you if you've passed or failed on the spot? What was the process? Also, how long roughly would they offer a start date given you've passed the medical test? Any insight would be appreciated :)

Thanks

DARK CHOC

First day of training today...went good...and excited .....Good Banter today from the trainer ....look forward to next week driving the train

DARK CHOC

No tests....intro stuff....but do the pre read for your own J owed get so when the test comes like on the 3rd it will b plain sailing rather yh an trying to take it all in on the same day..but the trainer today was very kl....has us in laughter and answered any questions we had and filled us is with all the benefits u can get ....surprised at how quick they make u drive the train...u drive the train in the 1st week of training

Forest01

No tests....intro stuff....but do the pre read for your own J owed get so when the test comes like on the 3rd it will b plain sailing rather yh an trying to take it all in on the same day..but the trainer today was very kl....has us in laughter and answered any questions we had and filled us is with all the benefits u can get ....surprised at how quick they make u drive the train...u drive the train in the 1st week of training
That quick!! Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

Lrd

Established Member
Only for a few hours to get a taster. And only if both you and your instructor are happy with it

Lrd

Established Member
First day of training today...went good...and excited .....Good Banter today from the trainer ....look forward to next week driving the train
Glad it's going well, keep us all posted on how you get on. What trainer do you have? And have you been given a line yet?

Jimbo12345

As someone who recently passed their road test after 12 weeks and am now allowed to drive on my own please feel free to ask any questions here or via messages - my top tip revise revise and revise and make use of your instructors once your out on your line after rules and stock - it’s not easy but worth it in the end and it’s so great to get that set of “keys” after your road test - good luck everyone and see you at the depot

oz220

Hey everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took for the results to come through after the medical test? Do they tell you if you've passed or failed on the spot? What was the process? Also, how long roughly would they offer a start date given you've passed the medical test? Any insight would be appreciated :)

Thanks
The doctor will tell you the results there and then. Then you’ll just have to wait until the call with a training date.

DARK CHOC

Glad it's going well, keep us all posted on how you get on. What trainer do you have? And have you been given a line yet?
Have not been given lines yet or uniform....Ed and claudine will be the trainer

DARK CHOC

As someone who recently passed their road test after 12 weeks and am now allowed to drive on my own please feel free to ask any questions here or via messages - my top tip revise revise and revise and make use of your instructors once your out on your line after rules and stock - it’s not easy but worth it in the end and it’s so great to get that set of “keys” after your road test - good luck everyone and see you at the depot
Jimbo what line are you on and did u get to nominate or was you allocated ?

Jellytots898

When do you get the information booklets for training? I start in March! And also do you get a rota for the training times/shifts etc on the first day?

Lrd

Established Member
When do you get the information booklets for training? I start in March! And also do you get a rota for the training times/shifts etc on the first day?
You'll get them in good time, there's nothing to worry about, it's all basic stuff to give you a little bit of understanding of the way things work. They tell you to print it out but don't! It's just a waste of paper. Read through it though.

The first three weeks are 0900 starts to about 1500ish Monday to Friday. Then you go to your line for line based training and the vast majority of it you'll be with an instructor following their duties (except for the stock course which is Mon - Fri 0900-1600) which could be any five days in the week at any time and you'll be expected to do dead earlies, lates and nights to get all the training in but the instructors are often flexible and will help you out.

DARK CHOC

You'll get them in good time, there's nothing to worry about, it's all basic stuff to give you a little bit of understanding of the way things work. They tell you to print it out but don't! It's just a waste of paper. Read through it though.

The first three weeks are 0900 starts to about 1500ish Monday to Friday. Then you go to your line for line based training and the vast majority of it you'll be with an instructor following their duties (except for the stock course which is Mon - Fri 0900-1600) which could be any five days in the week at any time and you'll be expected to do dead earlies, lates and nights to get all the training in but the instructors are often flexible and will help you out.
Well put...thanks

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When out on your line with an Instructor Operator, you will get the duties for the week commencing Sunday on the Thursday before, so for example people working today would have found out their duties on the 18th.

There might be some exceptions to this, for example if you know further in advance who your I/O is going to be and they follow the roster; or if the Trains Manager has confirmed that they are to be released for the week to do target training then the I/O will decide what you need and you'll work around that.

Jellytots898

I hope there's some flexibility in this as I have childcare to arrange in advance!

DARK CHOC

I hope there's some flexibility in this as I have childcare to arrange in advance!
Lol flexibility comes from ur TOM....watever shift ur IO is doing you have to do that shift ...think u git a weekend to sort it out from time u find out till wen u start the shifts

Jellytots898

Lol flexibility comes from ur TOM....watever shift ur IO is doing you have to do that shift ...think u git a weekend to sort it out from time u find out till wen u start the shifts

I'm pretty sure you can request to get some more time my partner is an csm and he said that they do give some flexibility. I can hope anyway.

Ladder23

Established Member
May I ask the folks that were successful, did you guys come from a railway background previously?

oz220

May I ask the folks that were successful, did you guys come from a railway background previously?

No railway background whatsoever.

Got a call today and have been added to the February training. Can’t wait to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.