• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DARK CHOC

100% ...on the test...but thats only the first one there are many to come...they give u study material do basically make sure you revise and familiarise and listen to the trainers and you should be fine....if you don't listen and take it in u will fail basically....

DARK CHOC

Had a love track walk today..I was just praying myself or someone didn't slip and I experience someone getting electricuted..but it went well...

Forest01

100% ...on the test...but thats only the first one there are many to come...they give u study material do basically make sure you revise and familiarise and listen to the trainers and you should be fine....if you don't listen and take it in u will fail basically....
Cool mate. Do you have to take the pre read printouts to the training or will they give you them

Thanks

cjunited

No waste of time ..keep it for your own reference they will give u their own reading folders

How many days before training started did you get the email with all the pre read documents? And how many days before did u get more information on contract signing?

I’m due contract signing on 7th Feb still waiting for More info though!

DARK CHOC

How many days before training started did you get the email with all the pre read documents? And how many days before did u get more information on contract signing?

I’m due contract signing on 7th Feb still waiting for More info though!
You should get stuff next week..if not already

RandomGuy

Hey guys, whats the longest you think they can make you wait between medical and start date? I ask this because Id like to take some time off between leaving my current job and starting with LU. Im sure there's a expiry on the medical if not employed, well it was on another TOC.

Jellytots898

Hey guys, whats the longest you think they can make you wait between medical and start date? I ask this because Id like to take some time off between leaving my current job and starting with LU. Im sure there's a expiry on the medical if not employed, well it was on another TOC.

I got offered the role in beginning of August my medical was December my start date is March. My crb expired but I just had to agree to them redoing it. I know someone who was successful in another role with tfl in January last year and are still waiting for a start date. The medical expired so just had to redo the medical.

RandomGuy

I got offered the role in beginning of August my medical was December my start date is March. My crb expired but I just had to agree to them redoing it. I know someone who was successful in another role with tfl in January last year and are still waiting for a start date. The medical expired so just had to redo the medical.

Ah cant quit my job and wait for that long lol just wanted a month for a little holiday and recharge.

Thanks for the info.

Val3ntine

Your friend who got offered the other role for TFL would it happen to be for dial a ride by any chance? I was offered the role at the same time last year january and eventually ended up pulling out in November when I got another job

Jellytots898

Your friend who got offered the other role for TFL would it happen to be for dial a ride by any chance? I was offered the role at the same time last year january and eventually ended up pulling out in November when I got another job

Yes it was. He actually just got the email today saying it was delayed due to funding but will start soon.

DARK CHOC

How’s the training going ??

Received all my documents, do I need to take a read through the whole lot before the start date yeah ??
Have a glance at pre read stuff ..u will only need fire and learn about the track for 1st week..but u will go over stuff in classroom....but from the second week it gets serious.......but don't stress ...have a glance for ur own knowledge and then just go the 1st day etc and get introduced and they will give u a folder with the notes etc

DARK CHOC

It's getting intense now...never rated drivers before but you will see what you have to know lol....but it's kl...days are 9-2 or 3

cjunited

It's getting intense now...never rated drivers before but you will see what you have to know lol....but it's kl...days are 9-2 or 3
Cant wait to get started now, didn't realize it would get intense straight away, but i suppose thats the best way to learn :)

Jellytots898

Have a glance at pre read stuff ..u will only need fire and learn about the track for 1st week..but u will go over stuff in classroom....but from the second week it gets serious.......but don't stress ...have a glance for ur own knowledge and then just go the 1st day etc and get introduced and they will give u a folder with the notes etc

do you need to print the stuff they send you or do they give you different stuff?

Lrd

Established Member
Does anyone drive to training or know if theres any parking available for trainees?
Ashfield House there is very very limited on street parking, I wouldn't bother.

When you go to your line most depots have parking spaces but you won't normally get a parking permit until you qualify but if you ask the TOM (Train Operations Manager) then they may be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.