• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super80sbaby

Hello,
Does anyone know how frequent training start dates happen per month? I would appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RandomGuy

Hey guys, just wondering what most of your preference is, if you were offered a Trainee mainline position and LU Train Op position, which would you go for and why?

Dscs

Is this only open to women or are they just expressing that would like more female candidates?

Jetlagged

Spread the word, the recruitment campaign opens on the 5 March.

Open to men and women so tell others not to be put off by the advert.
£23k a year for two 8 hours shifts of night work a week.

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/careers/women-in-trains

I doubt we will need to spread the word too far Aspirin. According to Tfl, last year's campaign brought in over 15,000 applicants. I would love to know how many made it through.

Tron81

I doubt we will need to spread he word too far Aspirin. According to Tfl, last year's campaign brought in over 15,000 applicants. I would love to know how many made it through.
Ahoyyyyy.. Lol.. .is this only an open day event or the actual start of a new campaign? I hope we are not banned from this one as they tend to bar people who have applied to previous campaigns for the same job within 6 months or 3 or so campaigns

Jetlagged

Ahoyyyyy.. Lol.. .is this only an open day event or the actual start of a new campaign? I hope we are not banned from this one as they tend to bar people who have applied to previous campaigns for the same job within 6 months or 3 or so campaigns

Ahoy shipmate. I spoke to HR yesterday Tron and, whilst they could not confirm the start date of the recruiting campaign, they did say that it would be soon and they anticipated it would run for three weeks. When I took up the other matter with them by email last year that we have already discussed, they told me that there would be a campaign in early 2018 and that failing in 2017 would not be a bar to trying again in 2018. Or, in their own words, "TfL run approximately one high volume Train Operator recruitment campaign annually and you would of course be welcome to apply for future campaigns if you meet the required criteria." So, all looking good do far.

Tron81

Ahoy shipmate. I spoke to HR yesterday Tron and, whilst they could not confirm the start date of the recruiting campaign, they did say that it would be soon and they anticipated it would run for three weeks. When I took up the other matter with them by email last year that we have already discussed, they told me that there would be a campaign in early 2018 and that failing in 2017 would not be a bar to trying again in 2018. Or, in their own words, "TfL run approximately one high volume Train Operator recruitment campaign annually and you would of course be welcome to apply for future campaigns if you meet the required criteria." So, all looking good do far.
Cool.. so we shall all make a second pass at this assessment....ramming speed... lol

Jetlagged

Ramming speed it is Captain. We shall defend our ship, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight them in Ashfield House, we shall fight in the depots, we shall fight in the tunnels and on the platforms, we shall fight on the escalators; we shall never surrender.
Not Winston Churchill

TheGreatISA

Can anyone who's on training confirm what the salary is whilst doing the 3 months training? Is it somewhere around 30k or is it 75% of full time salary so around 39k?

Jellytots898

Can anyone who's on training confirm what the salary is whilst doing the 3 months training? Is it somewhere around 30k or is it 75% of full time salary so around 39k?

I am starting training on the 16th but I did ask tfl before and if I am correct it was around 30k

Jellytots898

T

Thanks. I've got my medical next week. How long did it take for it to clear and get training dates?

I was able to book training date at same time as I booked my medical in december but I had been waiting since beginning of august for a start date.

Halfway Boy

I believe off the top of my head it’s about 32500.

You’ll clear about £1700-1750 after tax for each pay which is 4 weekly.

Any training after week 12 is paid retrospectively at full time drivers salary, backdated to week 12 when you pass out.

I.e. you’ll continue to get the normal training wage in your bank account each pay, then after you pass out you’ll get the difference backdated in a lump sum.

Don’t count on going past week 12 though, unless you’re on the pic, then it’s likely but not a guarantee.

Jellytots898

Out of interest anyone who has started their training get their chosen nomination depot? I was thinking of putting Wembley park

oz220

Out of interest anyone who has started their training get their chosen nomination depot? I was thinking of putting Wembley park

You won’t get to choose your depot at first. One will be allocated to you according to business needs, although they do try and get you as close to home as possible.
Then you’ll be able to swap between the class or putting in a transfer nomination.

Jellytots898

You won’t get to choose your depot at first. One will be allocated to you according to business needs, although they do try and get you as close to home as possible.
Then you’ll be able to swap between the class or putting in a transfer nomination.

Thank you!

To those who started the course recently how are you finding it?

Lem

Does anyone know if you pass and are offered a position, do you have to start when they offer you a course or can this be deferred?

jellybabyj

I spoke to tfl on Thursday As still waiting on training dates I was told they not released anymore dates so far but she is chasing them. Where I am on the list I should b starting within few months only taken a year to get this stage lol

Jellytots898

I spoke to tfl on Thursday As still waiting on training dates I was told they not released anymore dates so far but she is chasing them. Where I am on the list I should b starting within few months only taken a year to get this stage lol

Took me about the same applied in January last year offered in August training starts 16th. Takes ages! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.