• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whassup

Just got an email stating that all assessment have been suspended until further notice (with update in Aug) due to decline in need for NT drivers. Bit strange to say the least but they do stress that this is a 'Pause' in the process and not a rejection.

Don't quit your day jobs just yet, ladies and gents!

Jon1993

Same as - shame as I was getting really excited about the process - even if I was on a passed waiting list I would be happy

KCJones

Not suprised, seems they paniced took on too many last year and what wasn't much of a waiting list now is.

Hopefully the waiting list will stay as a waiting list and for the 2018 applications that they'll get back to you too.

I get on the tube going to work and think hopefully one day I'll be in the cab :D

Mikel

Spoke to HR at Tfl today and was told I'm number 64 in the talent pool list........Sadly, I don't think I'll get a training date this year! :(

Anyone out there got any inspiring news or anything? Lol!!

KCJones

Same as you when I called them, I should have asked how many where on the internals waiting list.!!
Basically the internals waiting have filled days and nights now.
With around 200 night tube ops it's gonna be a long long wait.

tshmre

Not sure if anyone can help me. My training has gone over 12 weeks. I was told that if you gou over the 12wks training schedule then you will get paid as full time rate prorated for the remainder of your training until you pass out is this correct?

Jon1993

Same as you when I called them, I should have asked how many where on the internals waiting list.!!
Basically the internals waiting have filled days and nights now.
With around 200 night tube ops it's gonna be a long long wait.
Is there a separate waiting list? - would have thought that we all joined at the application stage and were as one

Mikel

Not sure if anyone can help me. My training has gone over 12 weeks. I was told that if you gou over the 12wks training schedule then you will get paid as full time rate prorated for the remainder of your training until you pass out is this correct?
No offence or anything but people on this thread would love to even get a training date much less worry about training going over 12 weeks. That's an issue I would love to have right now

Good luck

Jon1993

It’s a shame it’s not possible to pm people without posting a certain number of posts - one more down - I guess - don’t want to become a serial poster and likewise don’t want to gossip / second guess the process - would be helpful to share thoughts and not look to be a rebel - my personal plans could well suit an extended process but would be helpful to be able to post here and also speak with like minded people on the Q without having to post x posts just to be able to

KCJones

Jon1993 regarding the waiting lists check out my post on page 62 8 June.

There will be an internals list too it was at least 274 and they go first, the externals list is over 60 maybe more.

Long long wait for those on the list and for anyone waiting for AC2 who knows, TfL probably don't either !

oz220

Speak to your IO or union rep. They should know. Or even better speak to the person who told you in the first place.

I would think that you will continue to recieve your normal pay what you got for the first 12 weeks.

Are you going NT or full time. Are you going district line or is there another reason Training is taking longer than 12 weeks?

I would doubt they would try and encourage people to spend longer in training by paying them more as everyone would ask for an extension.

Webby

Speak to your IO or union rep. They should know. Or even better speak to the person who told you in the first place.

I would think that you will continue to recieve your normal pay what you got for the first 12 weeks.

Are you going NT or full time. Are you going district line or is there another reason Training is taking longer than 12 weeks?

I would doubt they would try and encourage people to spend longer in training by paying them more as everyone would ask for an extension.
Yes u will be paid full time t/ok rate for anything over 12 weeks as I was last year.

tshmre

No offence or anything but people on this thread would love to even get a training date much less worry about training going over 12 weeks. That's an issue I would love to have right now

Good luck

Apologies didn't mean to offend

tshmre

The person who told me is in the same position as me ie training gone over 12wks he was told by another driver on the line who had the same thing last year. There was a shortage with io's some being sick etc so it's taken a few extra weeks road test is next week. I don't think you can just ask for an extension this was out of my control but I just wondered as I wasn't sure.

Jimbo12345

I’m assuming your on the Piccadilly? Going over the 12 weeks is the norm I’m led to believe on the Picc..my pal took his road test at 24 weeks due to a lack of IO’s..after the 12 weeks you’d on full time wage so he wasn’t bothered in the slightest. My road test was booked in for the 12th week (not Picc) very early on and that’s when I took it. If your pay is wrong just speak to HR and they’ll sort it..they seem very switched on to that sort of thing, you won’t miss out. Good luck. NT to FT is a complete mess. There is no set time frame or agreement and the nomination lists seem to count for nothing - I would factor in 3/4 years to get to FT from now on.

KCJones

Cheers Jimbo12345 sounds worse than it did, any idea how many internals are on the waiting list ?

Might learn how to fly a plane in the time available ;)

NT to FT is a complete mess. There is no set time frame or agreement and the nomination lists seem to count for nothing - I would factor in 3/4 years to get to FT from now on.

Jon1993

Jon1993 regarding the waiting lists check out my post on page 62 8 June.

There will be an internals list too it was at least 274 and they go first, the externals list is over 60 maybe more.

Long long wait for those on the list and for anyone waiting for AC2 who knows, TfL probably don't either !

Has anyone been given a realistic new timeline or are we all still waiting till early August for an update

jellybabyj

I currently 16 on the list for externals was told few weeks ago that no training dates are available due to no vacancy’s on the lines strange tho. And was told I deff be in the next training.
I been waiting over a year now from start to to now lol but I been told I deff got the job etc

Mikel

I currently 16 on the list for externals was told few weeks ago that no training dates are available due to no vacancy’s on the lines strange tho. And was told I deff be in the next training.
I been waiting over a year now from start to to now lol but I been told I deff got the job etc
Congratulations though.......At least your new beginning is in sight. I'm number 64 on the list. I reckon I've got another year to wait

adx

Currently on the internals list, they don't even let you know your place on the list, apparently goes by your length of service.

Halfway Boy

Some potentially good news for some of you.

Because of the threat of strike action on the Piccadilly Line because of a number of factors, one of which was a lack of drivers, the company is writing to every NT driver on the combine with over 12 months service and offering them full time roles on the Piccadilly line.

Sadly I just miss the cut off, but it means I move up the full time waiting lists, and for you guys it should mean a few spaces opening up on NT for those that move across to full time.

Obviously I have no insight if they’re going to fill these with internal, external or a combination, but a bit of hope at least.

KCJones

Currently on the internals list, they don't even let you know your place on the list, apparently goes by your length of service.

Is this for NT or days too, any idea on the numbers ?

Some potentially good news for some of you.

Because of the threat of strike action on the Piccadilly Line because of a number of factors, one of which was a lack of drivers, the company is writing to every NT driver on the combine with over 12 months service and offering them full time roles on the Piccadilly line.
Sadly I just miss the cut off, but it means I move up the full time waiting lists, and for you guys it should mean a few spaces opening up on NT for those that move across to full time.

Obviously I have no insight if they’re going to fill these with internal, external or a combination, but a bit of hope at least.

Thanks, any news if good news right now !

Well fingers crossed I 16 on the list I so close lol

Have had TfL about the medical and security check being re-done yet, I'm coming to 6 months soon too !

jellybabyj

Thanks, any news if good news right now !

Have had TfL about the medical and security check being re-done yet, I'm coming to 6 months soon too !

Well atm I not been asked to go for anouther one just yet but I am over 6 months now so would have to have anouther one if I was lucky this year to get a training date

KCJones

Well atm I not been asked to go for anouther one just yet but I am over 6 months now so would have to have anouther one if I was lucky this year to get a training date

Last time I spoke to HR they said they'd get in touch and send out the forms again which go back to the Doc and he'd decide if you come in for a full medical, otherwise its just the blood & pee tests

adx

I am waiting for NT, got my offer earlier this year, but no idea on waiting list, they don't tell you anything, just it will be some considerable wait and not to contact them, they will contact you.

Not sure about FT, but aware of people already waiting 2 years+ which I imagine is right since it hasn't been advertised since the night tube to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.