• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mikel

Recent update guys.......

''Further to my last email I am pleased to let you know that further training courses are gradually being released. This may take several months, perhaps not until 2020, but in the meantime I would be grateful if you would let me know if you are still interested in the role of Train Operator Night Tube. I have attached a new health questionnaire and would be grateful if you would complete and return it. We will then order a new basic criminal disclosure for you.

If I do not hear from you by 7th October, I will assume you are no longer interested and close your application.

Kind regards''

This was sent to me this morning

RandomGuy

Yes I believe there are some small movements as I know someone who had been given a start date and medical. So hopefully everyone who's been waiting for a long time finally get there chance in the coming months.

KCJones

''Further to my last email I am pleased to let you know that further training courses are gradually being released. This may take several months, perhaps not until 2020, but in the meantime I would be grateful if you would let me know if you are still interested in the role of Train Operator Night Tube. I have attached a new health questionnaire and would be grateful if you would complete and return it. We will then order a new basic criminal disclosure for you.

Got the same yesterday, give onboarding an email and ask for you waiting list number, mine's gone down about 20 in almost 2 years !!

MXT

Yes I believe there are some small movements as I know someone who had been given a start date and medical. So hopefully everyone who's been waiting for a long time finally get there chance in the coming months.
Is the person who has been given a start date an external candidate?

RandomGuy

Is the person who has been given a start date an external candidate?
Yes he is an external candidate. Did say that he was told quite a few people were skipped over due to wanting holiday in xmas and I think he was around 50/60 in the pool of externals.

Jon1993

I had an email to say my process was restarting - I had passed AC1 - believe I might get an invite for AC2 in October

Tim J boxall

Hi all been invited to another medical and all being well I will start Fri 1st November I was 32 on the external list hope that helps anyone still waiting

Jon1993

Nice one - is it a ‘done thing’ to ask where you are on the list?
I haven’t taken AC2 etc yet but it sounds helpful to have a number from the ‘deli counter’

Tim J boxall

I think when you are waiting for a course they get a lot of enquires as over 2 years is a long time to wait people move on to other things and recruitment appreciate that and they know that people need a rough idea of wait times etc

KCJones

Hi all been invited to another medical and all being well I will start Fri 1st November I was 32 on the external list hope that helps anyone still waiting

Well done finally got there

They are cutting the medical tight, I'd might have to give a long notice period (longer than a month) so would need it done early doors !

Last edited:

bionic

What’s the full-time salary for an operator at the moment?

According to the ASLEF website its £55,011 but that seems out of date and doesn't take into account this years April pay claim.

To be honest its not a great salary for a driver, especially when you consider it's a five day week, the cost of living in London or the commute and the fact that the LU licence is not transferable to mainline TOCs. It has long been the plan to come for LU ATO drivers pay and conditions once the majority of lines are ATO so I would expect serious industrial unrest around that once the Sub-surface resignalling is complete.

RandomGuy

Hi,
Have you had your medical? How long did it take for you to get the results? I have a medical upcoming, feeling nervous for some reason and dont want to wait ages to get all clear lol

Tim J boxall

Hi yes medical all done took around 2 hrs that's seeing the occ health first then the doctor after. They say 48 hrs to get the results of drug and alcohol test. Sure your be fine.

loulou1

Hello, I have been booked in for the second stage of the assessment which is the interview and fault finding.
Anyone know what questions are expected in the interview?

Jellytots898

Hello, I have been booked in for the second stage of the assessment which is the interview and fault finding.

They should be outlined in the email you received with practice material...

RandomGuy

As Jellytots said also prepare 2 answers for each question, I read that advice somwhere in this forum and it helped me on the day. Good luck.

Mad max

Hi guys,
I have interview and rvce assessment coming up, does anyone have any idea what the radio test will be like? Does anyone remember what scenario they had??

Gooner18

Wonder if they will ever do an external campaign again, or is the demand for use of the night tube not what they thought it was going to be

Jellytots898

Wonder if they will ever do an external campaign again, or is the demand for use of the night tube not what they thought it was going to be

If I'm correct they are only going to be doing it internally from now on. But could just be hear say

Mad max

Hi guys, i am currently a CSA at London underground, got a job offer from DLR PSA.. so once i start DLR,.will i still be able to apply for any vacancies as an internal???

theking

Hi guys, i am currently a CSA at London underground, got a job offer from DLR PSA.. so once i start DLR,.will i still be able to apply for any vacancies as an internal???

No.

If you are a psa you do not work for TFL.

Jon1993

The point being made is there may no longer be external applicants allowed

So jumping through hoops is a nonsense statement

Jellytots898

No. I know someone who moved and hates it. You will be hired by keolis amey not London underground and so can't apply for internal roles

RandomGuy

No you wont be able to apply for internal jobs as others has explained, also just FYI theres lots of PSA's leaving for Overground and Crossrail and wish they could apply for LU Train-OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.