• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrd

Established Member
In your opinion, are one of the reasons that the post is still up on the tfl page because LUL are planning on making more lines 24hr on the weekend? Friday/Saturday?
The next line rumoured for Night Tube is the Circle Line (to link all Mainline terminals) and that won't be happening until after the signalling upgrade.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In your opinion, are one of the reasons that the post is still up on the tfl page because LUL are planning on making more lines 24hr on the weekend? Friday/Saturday?

I believe it's more to the reason that Night Tube T/Ops are probably going to be given the option to go full time sooner than envisaged, as well as being short anyway (for instance at least one line has already been cancelling trains on Night Tube due to Operators not being available.)

Tron81

The next line rumoured for Night Tube is the Circle Line (to link all Mainline terminals) and that won't be happening until after the signalling upgrade.

Would that extend to hammersmith or just Edgware Road in a circular?

Tron81

I believe it's more to the reason that Night Tube T/Ops are probably going to be given the option to go full time sooner than envisaged, as well as being short anyway (for instance at least one line has already been cancelling trains on Night Tube due to Operators not being available.)

How many operators does it take to run the night tube? How many positions did LUL take on during the last intake to run the night service?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Anyone else not heard a thing since the "thanks for completing the online assessments" email? Gotta say I think I'm taking this as a "no" being as so many other people have now been invited to assessments or at least been asked about notice periods :(

chris11256

I haven't heard anything yet either.

I wouldn't worry too much. They were quite slow getting through all the online test results last time.

Lrd

Established Member
Anyone else not heard a thing since the "thanks for completing the online assessments" email? Gotta say I think I'm taking this as a "no" being as so many other people have now been invited to assessments or at least been asked about notice periods :(
Don't give up hope yet! At least let the vacancy close...

Tron81

I know how you feel but I think it's too early at the moment.

Tron81

I guess you're right. Just seems a bit odd that some people have already heard... I'll try not to be too disheartened just yet (",)

I applied the same night it was posted up and have heard nothing. Just keep checking the emails...

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I wouldn't read anything into not hearing back yet; the same happens with internal recruitment!

These are high volume campaigns and the initial sifts are largely "random". All applications will be seen to eventually, and LU are quite good at sending out a 'Thanks, but no thanks' if you are unsuccessful.

That said: make sure you check your junk folders! I know a few who nearly missed out because that's where their emails ended up...

Webby

I have a trip to florida booked during august, if im successful and start training the two could clash,i wonder how this would be dealt with as i would lose a fortune if i had to cancel the trip.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I have a trip to florida booked during august, if im successful and start training the two could clash,i wonder how this would be dealt with as i would lose a fortune if i had to cancel the trip.

If the training date co-incided with your trip you wouldn't be able to do both. There are, potentially, numerous training dates, but you'd have to make the choice between taking your holiday and postponing for an indeterminate amount of time, or cancelling your holiday and taking whatever financial implications that comes with.

For full disclosure, there is *occasionally* scope to take leave between the completion of classroom/'core' training and the commencement of line-based/stock training. This is generally dictated by the availability of Instructor Operators and is at the discretion of your TOM (Train Operations Manager). It is not always available to new employees, and you won't find out who your TOM is to be until you start training and are allocated your depot. Therefore I would not rely on this being an option.

Samoose25

Hey guys

Got my invite to the assesement day for AC1 tests on the 10th of April. Good luck to everyone applying. Wish you all the best.

chooochoooo

Congrats.ive just rescheduled my appiontment from 10th april to 24th instead,online.i want more time to practice lol. Originally 10th was all that was available

Peps123

Had AC1 today. Invited to AC2 next Tuesday. Really impressed with the speed of LU.

Wow, looks like they are moving fast with the recruitment, any chance of how the day went. Were the real tests similar to the practice. Also how many questions were there for the following and understanding information tests, thanks for any help.

martin2345uk

Established Member
They're moving really fast and I still haven't heard anything since taking the online test! #cryface

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well it's hard not to feel a bit unwanted when you read that!

Congratulations to you on getting to the next stage though (",)

Tron81

Question, for those who have received further dates, did you include a covering letter with your application or just the standard CV and SJT? I'm thinking that the applications are just being done as they come in now so those of us that applied early are further down the pile

Status
Not open for further replies.