• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

donpoku

Same tests and your bmi is fine. All the best for AC1.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

traingameuk

Hello everyone, i'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys, no response since online S.J.T.
Tense couple of weeks waiting.

Last edited:

martin2345uk

Established Member
I don't imagine that will matter too much as I'm pretty sure those of us who've heard nowt must be out of the running by now! :(

slidingdoors

Until someone tells you you've been unsuccessful there's always a chance.. They might be grouping the CV's into a 'type' of some kind and applying some kind of logic to the order they are contacting and assessing people..

I'm fast loosing hope as well to be fair but you never know...

R9mmel

Been 2 weeks now since my AC2 and no result. Don't think I will be checking for it anymore. Good luck to everyone still doing the process and I hope all you guys get positive results :D

EYRail6980

Been 2 weeks now since my AC2 and no result. Don't think I will be checking for it anymore. Good luck to everyone still doing the process and I hope all you guys get positive results :D

Yeah same here. We can hope Easter has delayed it...But probably out of the running. Good luck to everyone who applied!

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I wanted to ask if anyone knows TFL's policy on tattoos?

I have a full hand tattoo and neck tattoo, nothing offensive, in fact very creative and artistic, but I am praying this won't be held against me.

As long as it's not offensive it shouldn't be a problem. I think everyone must be aware of Gregg, the punk at Oxford Circus! ;)

To everyone still waiting: you will hear from TfL either way. High volume recruitment is always slow, be it internal or external. There is no logic or pattern in how TfL go through the applications. If you *are* concerned, give Recruitment a call and enquire, but don't stress out. I went three months from external application to hearing back, and was ultimately successful (albeit not for Night Tube/Train op); internally I've waited six months from application to hearing back, and I have friends who have waited similar. It happens.

e110

Ahh congratulations bud, i booked the only day shown, which isnt till friday 5th of May @8:15am, which is just shy of two weeks away, which is annoying as i just want to get it over and done with yunno, how about you ?

also, did you get absolutely thrown off when you saw the error finding test was completely different from the valve open/closed revision material ?

Yeah mate the 5th was the only date available for me too, booked the 10.30am one.

And yeah I was thrown off too! I wasn't expecting it to be the same but the valve one was easier in the sense that it was easier to identify if it was opened or closed.

Tron81

As long as it's not offensive it shouldn't be a problem. I think everyone must be aware of Gregg, the punk at Oxford Circus! ;)

To everyone still waiting: you will hear from TfL either way. High volume recruitment is always slow, be it internal or external. There is no logic or pattern in how TfL go through the applications. If you *are* concerned, give Recruitment a call and enquire, but don't stress out. I went three months from external application to hearing back, and was ultimately successful (albeit not for Night Tube/Train op); internally I've waited six months from application to hearing back, and I have friends who have waited similar. It happens.

Thanks for the info. Was that 3 months waiting from the online SJT?

Cadeby

Thank you. On your advice I called recruitment. They said they are still working through the forms and to keep looking out. So my hopes still are alive.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Was that 3 months waiting from the online SJT?

As mentioned, it wasn't for T/Op so there wasn't an SJT involved. This was also a few years ago, and the recruitment process has developed, but it was from the equivalent phase - i.e. initial application via the website to getting invited for a phone interview.

Thank you. On your advice I called recruitment. They said they are still working through the forms and to keep looking out. So my hopes still are alive.

Pleased to hear it - wishing you the best of luck.

jballz72

Had AC 1 yesterday there was about 20 people taking the assessments, lady that took the assessments said it will be between 10 & 15 days before we get to hear if we have been successful, so the wait continues.

King_obi

Done the ac1 recently, now the waiting game for the results begin. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, was a bit nervous as it was my first time. Just out of interest could any of the people that were successful on the ac1 tell me how far down the questions they were getting, as I didn't manage to complete them all, don't think we were expected to either

R9mmel

Done the ac1 recently, now the waiting game for the results begin. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, was a bit nervous as it was my first time. Just out of interest could any of the people that were successful on the ac1 tell me how far down the questions they were getting, as I didn't manage to complete them all, don't think we were expected to either

For the very first grid I finished all and then after that I think I progressively got slower. For last two different types of test I was getting to about half or 3/4 of the page and I passed. I saw some people finish every page tho. I think just once you're not too slow and you're very accurate it's fine

King_obi

For the very first grid I finished all and then after that I think I progressively got slower. For last two different types of test I was getting to about half or 3/4 of the page and I passed. I saw some people finish every page tho. I think just once you're not too slow and you're very accurate it's fine

Wow! I definitely didn't get that much done, I think I done best in the error identification section, let's see what they get back with fingers crossed.
You done your ac2 yet?

R9mmel

Wow! I definitely didn't get that much done, I think I done best in the error identification section, let's see what they get back with fingers crossed.
You done your ac2 yet?

Yup just got my rejection email so I guess that's that for me. Good luck everyone again :)

R9mmel

Worst part of rejection is waiting 3 weeks for a template email and no chance of knowing where you went wrong on AC2

Webby

On ac2 does everyone get asked about booked holidays or is this a good sign ?

Status
Not open for further replies.