• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron81

Hello again everyone, i have been following this forum since the last time i posted afew weeks back saying i made it through to AC2, which i sat 5 days ago on friday at 8am.

I am pleased to say i got my phone call today to offer me a place subject to medical and background check.

I can not thank everyone on this forum enough for giving me some tips and hints and sharing advice about both AC1 and AC2 days,

For all those waiting to sit either feel free to message me and i will help in any way i can.

Best wishes to all candidates.

Congratulations... if we're able to get ac1 invites that is!!!!
Stay posted on this forum should anyone require advice

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Walsh87

Hello again everyone, i have been following this forum since the last time i posted afew weeks back saying i made it through to AC2, which i sat 5 days ago on friday at 8am.

I am pleased to say i got my phone call today to offer me a place subject to medical and background check.

I can not thank everyone on this forum enough for giving me some tips and hints and sharing advice about both AC1 and AC2 days,

For all those waiting to sit either feel free to message me and i will help in any way i can.

Best wishes to all candidates.

Hi Elliott congratulations fella. I have my AC2 this Friday. Is it purely just the competency questions you are asked or is there more to the interview itself? How did you find it? Feeling really nervous already

Walsh87

hiya buddy, honestly i didnt sleep for days and had a pit in my stomach the whole way up there, but they really put you at ease, so some will do the VR test first and some will be called to the interview first,

you do get asked some other questions yes, however they do specifically say you will not be graded on them, they will not be any big surprises to you if you have had interviews before, the usual, whats your employment history, what made you want to apply for the job etc what do you think you will be doing in the role.

A big sigh of relief for me was that i was unsure if i would have to workout from the way the question is worded which competency they was testing... however before you are asked they explain "so the first competency that we will be asking you a question on is (x y z)....

I feel your pain trust me ha! That's great info I appreciate it. Any questions on the underground history etc? I know Crossrail want you to know all the facts about them on interview! Did it feel like a grilling?

Tron81

hiya buddy, honestly i didnt sleep for days and had a pit in my stomach the whole way up there, but they really put you at ease, so some will do the VR test first and some will be called to the interview first,

you do get asked some other questions yes, however they do specifically say you will not be graded on them, they will not be any big surprises to you if you have had interviews before, the usual, whats your employment history, what made you want to apply for the job etc what do you think you will be doing in the role.

A big sigh of relief for me was that i was unsure if i would have to workout from the way the question is worded which competency they was testing... however before you are asked they explain "so the first competency that we will be asking you a question on is (x y z)....

Am I correct in assuming they provide you with revision material via email once you are successful at ac1?

chooochoooo

2nd May, you?

how did you think it went

29th april, i thought it went ok at first,but now as its been so long i have my doubts on how well i actually did lol. i focused on getting things right rather than rushing,however i do get its a balancing act when doing these tests.uve got to be fast and accurate.oh well

MrT

Just wanted to add my experience so far.

Applied in early April, 2 weeks later got an invite to AC1. Sitting AC1 in a weeks time, I'll let you know the outcome. From what I gather they are similar tests to that of a train driver which I sat a while back.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for posting- it really helps.

Impulse

Hey guys, my application says Updated: 11-May-17. However TFL still haven't got back to me through email. What does this mean?

chooochoooo

Just called recruitment....did ac1 on 29th apr.they told me no i havent passed ac1. I asked the guy on the phone any reason why i havent been emailed this? He told me technically it hasnt been 10 working days, what the hell?! They could have told me the day after if they wanted to!

Thanks tfl

Sparrow

Just called recruitment....did ac1 on 29th apr.they told me no i havent passed ac1. I asked the guy on the phone any reason why i havent been emailed this? He told me technically it hasnt been 10 working days, what the hell?! They could have told me the day after if they wanted to!

Thanks tfl

Really sort mate, that's annoying. I know its no consolation but try not to stew on it. Learn from it and push on to the next role. Good luck buddy.

Sparrow

Hey guys, my application says Updated: 11-May-17. However TFL still haven't got back to me through email. What does this mean?

Like Chooochooo says, there have been problems for 10 days. :(

Last edited:

Tron81

Thanks tfl
Sorry to hear also... did you feel you did OK?

chooochoooo

Hi thanks for the replies. At first i felt it went ok.but as the days past maybe not.i focused a bit too much on accuracy i reckhon, and i suspect(obviously lol) that i must have got some questions wrong.that way i didnt even have my speed to fall back on.word of advise to those about to do ac1.....you are not marked negatively,u are just marked for what you get right, someone asked this in ac1

Tron81

Hi thanks for the replies. At first i felt it went ok.but as the days past maybe not.i focused a bit too much on accuracy i reckhon, and i suspect(obviously lol) that i must have got some questions wrong.that way i didnt even have my speed to fall back on.word of advise to those about to do ac1.....you are not marked negatively,u are just marked for what you get right, someone asked this in ac1

Dam.... thanks for the info

letitgo

The SCAAT tests generated by the tool on this forum are more difficult than the actual test(I thought so anyway). You do the same thing in the real test, there's just less of them.
Where is the Scaat test tool generated by this forum?..thanks

letitgo

The SCAAT tests generated by the tool on this forum are more difficult than the actual test(I thought so anyway). You do the same thing in the real test, there's just less of them.

AC1 has a SCAAT test which is similar to group bourdon but easier IMO. There is a piece of software on this forum which allows you to practice it.

Hi, could you please direct me to the scaat test on this forum please?

chooochoooo

The scaat test is done on paper. So if you are using the tool in this forum print the grids off.its a little different doing it on paper compared to the pc IMO. Also its an OCR issued scaat test

letitgo

Thanks choooo choooo.

I like to ask anyone who has passed ac1 and can recall how far down the page they got in the sub test 3 on the scaat test (i.e symbol + 1st symbol of each new line).

I undersrand that its a combination of speed and accuracy, I also now that you dont neccessarily need to get as far down the page as you would with sub test 1 or 2...

Anyone?

Thanks

Webby

Thanks choooo choooo.

I like to ask anyone who has passed ac1 and can recall how far down the page they got in the sub test 3 on the scaat test (i.e symbol + 1st symbol of each new line).

I undersrand that its a combination of speed and accuracy, I also now that you dont neccessarily need to get as far down the page as you would with sub test 1 or 2...

Anyone?

Thanks
I did less than half of each page and passed .

R9mmel

Thanks choooo choooo.

Anyone?

Thanks

I did all of my very first page but after I did about 3/4 each page and then for the ones with 2 shapes and the final ones with 1 constant and the one that changed was about half the page. (I remember being worried cuz two guys did all the pages for each sheet). But i passed and actually on the practice materials I never got it done in the 30 sec it said you should take. Made me very worried for the big day

tubespark

I got through 12 lines on sub-test 1 (around half way down the page). My concentration improved for sub-tests 2 and 3, getting through about 16 lines (three quarters of each page). At the time I thought I'd made very few errors, which was confirmed by my AC2 invitation.

The timer is there to apply pressure to you and force mistakes, thus simulating a real-life work situation. As long as you do not make errors, and are not distracted by thinking about the previous tests, you will do well.

These tests are easier than the practice material supplied by LU. Here I could complete only sub-test 1 within the 30 second limit.

Last edited:

letitgo

Thanks for getting back everyone. Scaat has always bee a weakspot for me, one which ive always failed on. It dosent help that tfl dosent give feedback either. I think as tubespark mentioned regarding accuracy over speed is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.