• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooochoooo

The whole assessment last 2 1/2 hours.the scaat test is at the end which is 10min long. Most your marks will be made before that with the other tests.just bare that in mind,not saying scaat is less important.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tubespark

But also bear in mind that you will be mentally tired after the other three parts of the test, so it is a perfect time for LU to test your concentration!

beast

Surely someone must have had a positive Ac2 result by now!

I have! I have been offered the job. I have my training date set and cannot wait! Almost a life long dream finally achieved.

For everyone waiting... I too had to wait. My AC1 results came back within 2 days. But my AC2 results took over 2 weeks to come back and the wait was too much for the heart I tell ya! In the end tho; of course the wait was all worth it.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

ibrahim9140

I have! I have been offered the job. I have my training date set and cannot wait! Almost a life long dream finally achieved.

For everyone waiting... I too had to wait. My AC1 results came back within 2 days. But my AC2 results took over 2 weeks to come back and the wait was too much for the heart I tell ya! In the end tho; of course the wait was all worth it.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congrats.. when do you commence your training?

beast

I start in august. So excited. I have been watching these posts since I first applied and be certain really commented until now. I hope for all those who are still waiting get some good news!

letitgo

Hi beast. Congrats! Yes this a great forum for thoese aspiring to be train/tube drivers.

Can i ask you or anyone about the ac2 assessment. I knkw it involves a commincation witten test but can you be mote specific and tell me what the communication was about? Previous post describe how its a case of beining able to shift the important information from the unneccesary portion and write it down. Is it done over a radio.. is the information repeated twice? Without meaning to offended anyone id really appreciate specific details other then thoese good gentlman offering a genric "its simple just need to listen" , which might work for some but then im the type who needs all the help he can get.

Cheers

beast

Has anyone heard about their ac1 result carried out on 15/05/2017.

Buddy do u mean 15 April? And not 15/05.. if so, then u reli need to call recruitment and chase it up. They are very friendly and will assist you in any way they can. If it's April then you should have received some sort of communication by now. Check your spam folder too just in case but the best way to find out would be ringing recruitment.

beast

Congrats buddy, i too followed the whole forum for a while before posting.

I start early july, i will let you know how it all goes first few weeks !

Congrats! I was supposed to start July too but I have booked holidays which they don't allow to take time off during first 8 weeks of training, hence why I'm now starting August.

Maybe I'll come across you in the near future Elliott lol and good luck with the training!

beast

Hi beast. Congrats! Yes this a great forum for thoese aspiring to be train/tube drivers.

Can i ask you or anyone about the ac2 assessment. I knkw it involves a commincation witten test but can you be mote specific and tell me what the communication was about? Previous post describe how its a case of beining able to shift the important information from the unneccesary portion and write it down. Is it done over a radio.. is the information repeated twice? Without meaning to offended anyone id really appreciate specific details other then thoese good gentlman offering a genric "its simple just need to listen" , which might work for some but then im the type who needs all the help he can get.

Cheers

Communication playback could be anything as they play different ones so I heard. But to put it simply, you'll listen to an audio (alone, not in groups as AC1) and you'll have it played to you twice. It's not played on a radio but on a Cd player. You're required to note down what you think is important/vital information and then present it back to the assessor. At this point they are looking for clear and concise speech.

It really is that simple.

Don't stress over it too much believe me. If you get past AC1 then AC2 is a walk in the park (minus the nerves lol).

The thing that made me so nervous was knowing that this was pretty much the last hurdle (except for screening/medical) before getting the dream job. So really; I put more pressure on myself than necessary.

My advice? Go in there with a selfish attitude... obviously don't show it lol, but what I mean is tell yourself in your head that this job is for you and you only lol. Be confident. Believe in yourself buddy!

ibrahim9140

Buddy do u mean 15 April? And not 15/05.. if so, then u reli need to call recruitment and chase it up. They are very friendly and will assist you in any way they can. If it's April then you should have received some sort of communication by now. Check your spam folder too just in case but the best way to find out would be ringing recruitment.

Thanks buddy.. but i mean for Monday 15/05/17 yesterday. I am sure if ur successfull they tend to send out the ac2 invites quick.

beast

I'll reiterate what Beast has said - it sounds like you weren't invited to Ac2 yet, since they send you practice materials for the RVCE which is similar to the exercise on the day.

I haven't heard back from my AC2 yet though, fingers crossed!

That's right, they send you practice materials for AC2.

And Ross, I have a feeling you've passed AC2 since they haven't yet let you know. Usually the rejections are done swiftly. But don't take my word for it.

How long have u been waiting? If it's been more than 2 weeks than I'd give em a ring!

beast

Thanks buddy.. but i mean for Monday 15/05/17 yesterday. I am sure if ur successfull they tend to send out the ac2 invites quick.

Yeah as far as I know they're quick on the AC1. Give it another day or two... and good luck!

tubespark

Just got my offer today from the nice lady at HR :)

Unlike many who've reported on this forum, I've found recruitment to be extremely efficient (I did AC1 on 02nd May and AC2 on 10th May).

Beast - I am starting training in August, so will see you there!

Good luck to all still in the process...

Tron81

Unlike many who've reported on this forum, I've found recruitment to be extremely efficient (I did AC1 on 02nd May and AC2 on 10th May).

Congratulations.. still a few of us left in the now pool of the unknown lol

letitgo

Communication playback could be anything as they play different ones so I heard. But to put it simply, you'll listen to an audio (alone, not in groups as AC1) and you'll have it played to you twice. It's not played on a radio but on a Cd player. You're required to note down what you think is important/vital information and then present it back to the assessor. At this point they are looking for clear and concise speech.

It really is that simple.

Don't stress over it too much believe me. If you get past AC1 then AC2 is a walk in the park (minus the nerves lol).

The thing that made me so nervous was knowing that this was pretty much the last hurdle (except for screening/medical) before getting the dream job. So really; I put more pressure on myself than necessary.

My advice? Go in there with a selfish attitude... obviously don't show it lol, but what I mean is tell yourself in your head that this job is for you and you only lol. Be confident. Believe in yourself buddy!

Thank you very much! Very insightfull.

Webby

have you been told how long your training is , mine is 13 weeks rather than the 16 stated in the ad , i think it varies from line to line.

geordieboy88

Likewise mate. AC1 results after 2 working days, AC2 results after 3 working days..... I was most impressed!

beast

13 weeks training although it can be 16. They don't allow any annual leave first 8 weeks. Week 9 is scheduled as annual leave because of the intensive and long training we'd have done.

First 3 weeks of training is classroom followed by the remaining weeks shadowing a instructor train operator (that's the fun part where we'd be in the cab I'm assuming!)

tubespark

My training is also 13-16 weeks with Week 9 designated as holidays.

Webby - have you been given a special line? :)

Webby

My training is also 13-16 weeks with Week 9 designated as holidays.

Webby - have you been given a special line? :)

There are posts on this forum from last years intake saying training varies from line to line , so was just wondering.

Lrd

Established Member
The training has also changed since last year. Week 9 will be annual leave for everyone.

04patwas

Hey guys i received an email on the 5th of this month saying how i met the required benchmark for the SJT and a recruitment team member will be in contact, however I have not heard from them since and was wondering whether they contact you by phone or email? Thanks :D

Jetlagged

Congratulations to those that here been successful. Like Tron, I'm still waiting in the sidings to see if they will take the application further.

Status
Not open for further replies.