• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Prototype Refurbishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I've always found these unique as they were all one of a kind. So come on people lets hear your opinions and what you remember because I'm curious and very keen to know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
A Stock cars 5132-6132 were very different to the finished product, with a mixture of low and high backed seats.
C Stock car 5585 retained the transverse seats but had new climbing frame bars as handholds in the vestibules.
'73 Stock unit 190 had folding metal luggage racks too.

Last edited:

MatthewRead

On Moderation
A Stock cars 5132-6132 were very different to the finished product, with a mixture of low and high backed seats.
C Stock car 5585 retained the transverse seats but had new climbing frame bars as handholds in the vestibules.
'73 Stock unit 190 had folding metal luggage racks too.
They all had hustle alarms didn't they.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
What i would also like to know is how long did each prototype vehicle last in service I know that the D stock lasted from January 2002-November 2007 and I understand the 1973 prototype ran from January 1991-September 1996 but I might be wrong so just some clarification please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.