• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU to Network Rail track connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meglos

Anyway, perhaps I should rephrase my remark: I was surprised that the handover was not scheduled for a time after the last train of the day had reached its destination.
The railway operations day in the United Kingdom runs from 02:00 - 01:59. So the Franchise was handed over at the "official" end of the day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bcarmicle

I only travelled on this service once, however the time I used it was onboard the last service ever operated by South West Trains, as SWR took over the franchise at 02:00 on the Sunday morning.
I’m curious - did the guard start off the journey by welcoming you aboard SWT but end by thanking you for travelling with SWR?

Meglos

I’m curious - did the guard start off the journey by welcoming you aboard SWT but end by thanking you for travelling with SWR?
The PIS on departure acknowledged the last SWT service (see picture), and so did the guard. However on arrival in Surbiton all I remember is the 'This train terminates here' announcement.

IMG_0652a.JPG

galwhv69

Slightly off topic (don't think it warrants it's own thread), does the Croydon Tramlink have any physical connection with National Rail? I know that the trams were delivered by road but what about units like tampers or others used for engineering works?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Slightly off topic (don't think it warrants it's own thread), does the Croydon Tramlink have any physical connection with National Rail? I know that the trams were delivered by road but what about units like tampers or others used for engineering works?
There’s nothing in the current or previous Quail diagrams for Tramlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.