• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LUL Annual Privilege Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil1960

Hi all

I'm safeguarded staff and went to purchase an annual LUL season ticket earlier today having had the usual form approved by RSTL. Now that all LUL ticket offices were closed, a member of staff at the nominated LUL station couldn't get the machine to proceed with an annual as (with everybody else) Staff Travel Card expires 30 June 2016, well before the expiry date of the season I planned to buy.

Staff then gave up, I could have bought a monthly as the machine priced it up on the screen. However, staff said I had to buy what was on the form or get my Staff Travel Card changed! When I got home, I called RSTL who fully understood the issue, put me on hold and came back with the title of an LUL document (Hot Issues Bulletin 0116) which apparently documents a workaround this issue.

So back to the Tube station, after some persuasion to the station supervisor, he looked up the document on a computer in the control room. Then, after a long period on the phone responded by saying "that doesn't apply to seasons, only the Priv discount for PAYG".

So again I walked away empty handed and now have had to go back to RSTL, reapply for a monthly season to see me through to March. Another monthly after that and I should then be OK to apply for an annual as it will start/finish during the 15 month validity of the new Staff Travel Card.

So, quick question. Who was right? I suspect RSTL were and LUL just showed signs of not wanting to help. Agree ticket office LUL staff may well have worked round that issue and now staff overseeing customers at the ticket machines seem to have much more on their hands now TfL has closed them.

Thanks,
Phil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Not sure how convenient it is for you, but a trip to Marylebone (NR) Ticket Office should get the outcome you want, and they'll be able to issue it on Oyster if desired. (The workaround being to reset the expiry date for the discount to a point after the desired expiry of the season!)

phil1960

Not sure how convenient it is for you, but a trip to Marylebone (NR) Ticket Office should get the outcome you want, and they'll be able to issue it on Oyster if desired. (The workaround being to reset the expiry date for the discount to a point after the desired expiry of the season!)

Thanks. Marylebone is a bit out of the way, plus I nominated my local Tube station on the form. As for the workaround, I had a feeling it was going to be something like you explained. Shame the LUL staff didn't bother even investigating what they could do on the screen to try and resolve the issue.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.