Luton Aiport Parkway Rail Station - Airport

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by trolleyman, 3 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trolleyman

trolleyman Member

I have seen pictures if First Bendy Buses on Flickr on this service, but can't find any fleet or running information. Since the rail franchise ended First Group operations and went to Govia has the bus services also transferred across?

2. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

I believe so - it was operated by First Northampton for a while, which has now closed. I can't remember who the legal lettering is for now but I have a feeling it is *not* a First company. The buses have certainly gained Thameslink stickers.

3. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Established Member

Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
    Correct Neil. They were run off First Northampton's O license as an outbase though one vehicle (permanent spare? VOR?) was parked up at the back of St James depot for months before the site was closed. I can't now remember the legal lettering now but it isn't a First subsidiary. Think it may be Thameslink themselves rather than a Go Ahead but in truth, I can't remember :D

Last time I was there (November?) the vehicles still had their FCC cherished registrations, all external First logos etc had been removed though there were some still to be spotted internally (e.g. cab door).

4. westcoaster

westcoaster Established Member

Buses now run go go ahead (london), looked yesterday there were 2x coaches, a 51 reg short dart ( been 2 there for months), and the 2 wright bendies now in thameslink purple.

5. SteveHFC

SteveHFC Member

The dart and bendies seem to park up overnight in the Arriva depot in Luton. Often seen parked out in the yard. Not seen what the legal lettering says.

6. fgwrich

fgwrich Established Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.