• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton Aiport Parkway Rail Station - Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolleyman

I have seen pictures if First Bendy Buses on Flickr on this service, but can't find any fleet or running information. Since the rail franchise ended First Group operations and went to Govia has the bus services also transferred across?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I believe so - it was operated by First Northampton for a while, which has now closed. I can't remember who the legal lettering is for now but I have a feeling it is *not* a First company. The buses have certainly gained Thameslink stickers.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I believe so - it was operated by First Northampton for a while, which has now closed. I can't remember who the legal lettering is for now but I have a feeling it is *not* a First company. The buses have certainly gained Thameslink stickers.

Correct Neil. They were run off First Northampton's O license as an outbase though one vehicle (permanent spare? VOR?) was parked up at the back of St James depot for months before the site was closed. I can't now remember the legal lettering now but it isn't a First subsidiary. Think it may be Thameslink themselves rather than a Go Ahead but in truth, I can't remember :D

Last time I was there (November?) the vehicles still had their FCC cherished registrations, all external First logos etc had been removed though there were some still to be spotted internally (e.g. cab door).

westcoaster

Established Member
Buses now run go go ahead (london), looked yesterday there were 2x coaches, a 51 reg short dart ( been 2 there for months), and the 2 wright bendies now in thameslink purple.

SteveHFC

The dart and bendies seem to park up overnight in the Arriva depot in Luton. Often seen parked out in the yard. Not seen what the legal lettering says.

Status
Not open for further replies.