Luton Airport to Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
I will be getting a lift to Luton airport, however on the way back which will be a monday night about 9.30pm I need to get back to Peterborough and have no lifts.

I have the return portion of a super saver return from London Terminals to Peterborough, not restricted to any company with YP discount.

I would like to avoid going from luton to london Stp then to KGX and then PBO.

Question

1) Get taxi from airport to Hitchin which I think is the closest station on the ECML then FCC train to PBO. Taxi would cost about £20

2) Luton airport parkway to Bedford using my existing ticket, then taxi to Sandy, then FCC to PBO. Taxi would be £10

Please could someone comment on my suggestions / route validity.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
AFAIK, tickets between London and Peterborough are not valid along the Midland Mainline, so you would need a new ticket to get to Bedford.

island

Veteran Member
AFAIK, tickets between London and Peterborough are not valid along the Midland Mainline, so you would need a new ticket to get to Bedford.

Correct. London Terminals to Peterborough is only valid from Liverpool Street or Kings Cross. (edit: and Moorgate!)

Last edited by a moderator:

34D

Established Member
No it's a 15-20 minute walk if the coach goes on to Stevenage then it's a shorter walk.

Yes the nat ex coaches do go to Hitchin rail station. They don't as a rule go to Stevenage, as I believe the ones from Luton head east towards Cambridge/Stansted. Happy to be corrected though.

There is also the 101 bus, which is approx hourly at night time (centrebus iirc).

The national express coaches will sell you a ticket on boarding, so I wouldn't prebook, just go for whatever is first when you get out.

Last edited:

westcoaster

Established Member
Yes the nat ex coaches do go to Hitchin rail station. They don't as a rule go to Stevenage, as I believe the ones from Luton head east towards Cambridge/Stansted. Happy to be corrected though.

There is also the 101 bus, which is approx hourly at night time (centrebus iirc).

The national express coaches will sell you a ticket on boarding, so I wouldn't prebook, just go for whatever is first when you get out.

The timetable I saw didn't say hitchin station was served, does the 101 run that late.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
the National Express 787 (Heathrow-Cambridge) does go direct to the front door of Hitchin railway station, taking an amazing half an hour to travel such a short distance from Luton to Hitchin (an hour an twenty minutes for the so-called-express to get to Cambridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.