Luton to London Bridge

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by sreelatha, 7 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sreelatha

sreelatha New Member

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Luton to London bridge as i work in London bridge.Please let me know the possible travel option with less travel charges.

2. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

For Monday to Friday travel, the options are:

Train to Luton to Blackfriars, then walk from the south side exit to work - if your workplace is between Blackfriars and London Bridge this might be best

Train from Luton to St Pancras, then Northern Line to London Bridge

Train from Luton to West Hampstead Thameslink, short walk to West Hampstead, then Jubilee Line to London Bridge

Of these options, Blackfriars is cheapest, as you only need a ticket to 'London Thameslink' whereas the other two require a more expensive Travelcard which includes the Underground.

Last edited: 7 May 2015
  3. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

An anytime day return on Thameslink trains would cost £27.30

A season ticket from Luton to "London Thameslink" (which covers travel for any part of the route between Luton and Elephant & Castle) would cost £98.10 for a week and £376.80 for a month. If you don't travel into London at weekends, you can save money in the course of a year by buying season tickets for a month and any number of extra days (i.e. for a period starting on a Monday and ending on a Friday). Doing that can also help to ensure that you aren't paying for unwanted travel when you are on holiday.

These prices are for Telstarbox's Luton to Blackfriars option. Having to buy a Luton to Zones 1-6 travelcard to facilitate travel on London Underground would cost more.

Last edited: 7 May 2015
  4. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Option 3 (changing at West Hampstead) is also valid on the cheaper Thameslink ticket due to an interavailability agreement.

This page seems to suggest that Option 2 would also be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.