• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton to Ryde Hoverport

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCub

I'm having problems with finding tickets for this. BRFares.com suggest a fare of £40 with Gold Card discount for an off-peak return.

However National Rail claims no fares exist for this trip. Can anyone advise?

Failing that, what is the cheapest way of doing it? I am going on Monday, returning Tuesday, travelling off-peak in both directions, using the Hovercraft, and have a Gold Card.

I'm not bothered if the journey takes a bit longer or has more changes if the discount is worthwhile.

Any offers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drsatan

Established Member
According to EastCoast (which, being a WebTIS site, I find is much more intuitive to use than the National Rail website), you need to buy an Off-Peak Return for £40.00. This ticket is also valid on the Hoverbus from Portsmouth & Southsea to Southsea Hoverport.

Alternatively, I'd recommend, if you have the time, buying a CDR from Portsmouth & Southsea to Portsmouth Harbour (which you can do on the train), and walking from there to the Hoverport. It's a very pleasant walk along the seafront.

Status
Not open for further replies.