• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luxembourg - Koblenz this Saturday 12 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddington

Can anyone shed some light as to why the DB website / app says this train isn't running between Lux-Trier until 7pm, but the CFL website / app says it is operating the usual hourly service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Struner

The DB shows a replacement busservice? Including a 1200m walk. They grant you 30’ for that...o_O
CFL shows better buses I think :E

blackfive460

Can anyone shed some light as to why the DB website / app says this train isn't running between Lux-Trier until 7pm, but the CFL website / app says it is operating the usual hourly service?
Probably because the CFL bus replacement between Luxembourg and Trier hasn't been uploaded into HAFAS so the DB journey planner does its best and sends you via Saarbrücken or some other service it knows about, IC bus for example.

Spoorslag '70

Probably because the CFL bus replacement between Luxembourg and Trier hasn't been uploaded into HAFAS so the DB journey planner does its best and sends you via Saarbrücken or some other service it knows about, IC bus for example.
It seems to be the case. The cfl.lu planner intrestingly include both the regular trains and the replacement buses (which shorten the journey time by a minute!).

I would expect the CFL version of things to be closest to the truth, but they probably have not deleted the regular trains for some reason (I had some pretty weird incidents with their HAFAS version last spring so would not be too supprised).

paddington

OK I'm confused, where is the info about replacement buses on the main CFL website? I can only find engineering work on lines 10 50 and 60.

How are you getting the trains and buses to show up on the same planner? I can only get the buses to show up if I remove trains as a mode of transport. Although it seems like they are non-stop so potentially more convenient.

Spoorslag '70

OK I'm confused, where is the info about replacement buses on the main CFL website? I can only find engineering work on lines 10 50 and 60.

How are you getting the trains and buses to show up on the same planner? I can only get the buses to show up if I remove trains as a mode of transport. Although it seems like they are non-stop so potentially more convenient.
I'm looking under cfl.lu, entering Luxemb(o)urg, Gare to Koblenz HBF for Saturday (12th October ~10.00). I get the following results:
upload_2019-10-7_19-10-52.png
(screenshot showing various routes, some with trains only, some with bus+train - Bus L30 is the usual name for rail replacements services on line 30).

After a more detailed look through cfl.lu, I can only find works for the weekend starting on Saturday the 19th (between Wecker and Trier with express buses between Luxemburg and Trier) and - considering the "connection frequency"(quite a bad translation for operating days) saying 12th to 20th October, Saturdays&Sundays only - I can only conclude that the buses were not inputted correctly. It is quite likely that bahn.de has not caught up with this (it should by Friday as all European timetable data should be updated).

I would guess that trains do indeed run, but it might be wise to turn up well in advance and ask a member of staff (or use Twitter, Facebook etc. to make contact).

paddington

I'm looking under cfl.lu, entering Luxemb(o)urg, Gare to Koblenz HBF for Saturday (12th October ~10.00). I get the following results:

Interesting. If you search Koblenz-Lux, or Trier to Lux, it only shows trains and no buses.

If you search Lux-Trier it only shows buses. Oh well. I can't change the trip any more as hotels are not refundable so just have to make do with whatever happens.

dutchflyer

Established Member
seems like a glitch in either or both systems-CFL has not removed the german input for the normal through trains and its the best bet to expect express SEV (=rail replacement) buses LUX-trier. Most foreign-born repl.buses/diversions etc. are not fed into Hafas of DB Similar to the other way-here in NL quite often such works on lines coming into NL are also not fed into the NS-planner.
NOTE that there is also a regular direct express bus (costing just 5 eur/single), even using trailer-buses in the peaks, LUX-Tr, but it does not serve rail stations either end. Runs up to ev 10/12 mins in mo-fr peaks, but on sat/sun only ev. few hrs. Just to show the amount of commuting international into LUX!
You can also bus it from LUX to nearby german rail-served halts for just 2 eur (normal current domestic single fare-free from next yr!), but have to change at some border prone stop. This will take much longr as the direct rail-repl.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.