• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luxury on my Theobalds Grove to Liverpool St train

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
My Theobalds to London Liv train this morning is one of the old Stansted Express coaches.

Now this is First Class accommodation worth paying for, shame it is the only coach left.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Look out for more such luxury in future once LOROL take over with their 8 317/7s. Totally inappropriate for the route but they got what was left over.

My Theobalds to London Liv train this morning is one of the old Stansted Express coaches.

Now this is First Class accommodation worth paying for, shame it is the only coach left.

Should have been 317719? That's the only /7 in traffic at the moment.

wokspotter

Does anyone know if demonstrator 317722 is in service at the moment.If so,is it able to couple to other 317's with the old traction motors?

Does anyone know if demonstrator 317722 is in service at the moment.If so,is it able to couple to other 317's with the old traction motors?

It's been out of traffic for nearly 3 weeks now.

Yes it can couple to other 317's, and does every day when it's on its booked diagram.

wokspotter

It's been out of traffic for nearly 3 weeks now.

Yes it can couple to other 317's, and does every day when it's on its booked diagram.

Thanks for the replies.I wasn't sure if it just did Stratford-Stortford runs on its own,but will now look out for it at LST.

Thanks for the replies.I wasn't sure if it just did Stratford-Stortford runs on its own,but will now look out for it at LST.

It only works Stratford - Stortford runs due to crewing issues. As it's got a new traction package and various other mods, it's seen as a "new" unit and non standard. So only a handful of Bishops Stortford drivers can drive it, hence why it's always on Stratford workings. There's also a diagram it can go on to get it back to Ilford, and again when it comes back out of Ilford, which sees it go to Hertford East.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Look out for more such luxury in future once LOROL take over with their 8 317/7s. Totally inappropriate for the route but they got what was left over.

Real shame about this. Although the one I was on at ilford the other day was riddled with some pretty major faults!

wokspotter

It only works Stratford - Stortford runs due to crewing issues. As it's got a new traction package and various other mods, it's seen as a "new" unit and non standard. So only a handful of Bishops Stortford drivers can drive it, hence why it's always on Stratford workings. There's also a diagram it can go on to get it back to Ilford, and again when it comes back out of Ilford, which sees it go to Hertford East.

Thanks for the update.I take it that it is still out of service as far as you know?

MrPIC

I seen it sitting in the same place at Ilford Car Sheds a few hours ago, so I don't think its been fixed

wokspotter

I seen it sitting in the same place at Ilford Car Sheds a few hours ago, so I don't think its been fixed

Thanks for that info.I wonder how many miles this unit has done since the new traction motors were fitted?Can't be that many I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.