• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lymington Slam for Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
The blue/grey CIG is my fav, having done both twice. Not sure why - just prefer it ;)

Oracle

Established Member
Perhaps Blue/Grey looks like a genuine livery for the 4- now 3-CIGs? I don't remember them in green and I grew up on the SR when green was king and then blue came in. It's a great pity that they don't have the through Eastleigh trains any more. However something uses the points giving access to the Lymington platform!

Which trains use P1 these days? Only seen a stabled 450 there once. Also do the 3-CIGs come out to play in the Southampton direction, say for turning them round to even out tyre wear?

Coxster

Established Member
Automotivehistorian said:
Also do the 3-CIGs come out to play in the Southampton direction, say for turning them round to even out tyre wear?
They do turning trips every now and again. This involves Bournemouth - Fareham - Eastleigh - Bournemouth.

Oracle

Established Member
Cheers Sprinter...the 450s would then presumably access the Up to go back to Northam? There is a cross-over from the Down to Up just before the level crossing so affording access from the Southampton direction to P1.

Jim

Established Member
Sprinter said:
P1 is used for the hourly Brockenhurst- Wareham all stoppers, normally run by 450's
1 diagram is 444, 2 are 450

Jim

Established Member
Automotivehistorian said:
Freshwater! But by golly that compressor was vibrating like a road drill and more noisy!
Yes, it is VERY bad that 1

Status
Not open for further replies.