• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lynton and Barnstaple Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Phil

Established Member
There is more good news following the purchase of Bratton Fleming Station and the restoration work at Chelfham. In the latest L & B magazine it says that Parracombe Halt has also been purchased.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pinza-C55

They are doing heroic things down there. I wish it wasn't so far and expensive for a trip to visit them.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There is more good news following the purchase of Bratton Fleming Station and the restoration work at Chelfham. In the latest L & B magazine it says that Parracombe Halt has also been purchased.

Really good news. Slowly but surely things are coming together.
They are doing heroic things down there. I wish it wasn't so far and expensive for a trip to visit them.
If ever you do get down this way get in touch and I’ll come and have a look around with you Pinza.

Flying Phil

Established Member
On the L & B website News section, it also says that another part of the trackbed at Rowley Cross Cutting has been purchased. It is really good to see the steady progress being made.

Flying Phil

Established Member
We are having a few days unexpected holiday in Dorset, so I hope to visit the L & B to see what they have done since I was last there in the 1990's. I see trains are operating Tue, Wed and Thurs so I should get a ride as well.:D

eMeS

We are having a few days unexpected holiday in Dorset, so I hope to visit the L & B to see what they have done since I was last there in the 1990's. I see trains are operating Tue, Wed and Thurs so I should get a ride as well.:D
We enjoyed a short trip on it two years ago on a wonderfully sunny day. Good to hear that its reinstatement is progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.