• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

M6 EMU this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyrippley

Established Member
There was an EMU coach heading north up the M6 this morning, around 08:30 near Leyland

4-SUB or similar driving coach, no noticeable markings. Painted all-over in what I assume was an approximation to Southern Railway green - definitely not BR green.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There was an EMU coach heading north up the M6 this morning, around 08:30 near Leyland

4-SUB or similar driving coach, no noticeable markings. Painted all-over in what I assume was an approximation to Southern Railway green - definitely not BR green.

A friend of mine saw one coach of a thumper unit, probably the motor coach (also in BR green) heading up the A30 from Okehampton a couple of days ago. I reckon that what you saw might possibly have been that, but I haven’t had a chance to look into it properly yet so I don’t know where it was heading.
Does anyone else know?

randyrippley

Established Member
I'm not sure it was the Dartmoor unit.
No yellow warning panels on the one I saw, and the green livery was more malachite than BR olive

JKF

There is a Bullied set for sale at the Northampton ironstone railway, could it be a vehicle from that? It’s not in a great state if it is that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.