• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MA100 Eurotunnel Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
ive been poking around on railcam, looking at international freight and came across some freight services that are labelled accurately as to what they are carrying. For example, the scunthorpe-ebange steel is labelled as such, as is the Dagenham - Valencia Ford trains are also labelled as such. However, the vast majority of chunnel freights operate under “MA100 Eurotunnel Paths” - does anyone know what form of freight is being carried under this? (What wagon type, what destination once in Europe, etc)

Any information is really helpful

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
Hey there,
ive been poking around on railcam, looking at international freight and came across some freight services that are labelled accurately as to what they are carrying. For example, the scunthorpe-ebange steel is labelled as such, as is the Dagenham - Valencia Ford trains are also labelled as such. However, the vast majority of chunnel freights operate under “MA100 Eurotunnel Paths” - does anyone know what form of freight is being carried under this? (What wagon type, what destination once in Europe, etc)

Any information is really helpful

MA 100 trains are limited to 100 km/h. So 60 mph on Network Rail metals. Hope this helps a bit.

MA 100 trains are limited to 100 km/h. So 60 mph on Network Rail metals. Hope this helps a bit.
I assumed as much, but the fact that it states “MA100 Eurotunnel Paths” in place of a usual description of what is being hauled makes me think it may be a different form of traffic to the usual Ford / Aluminium / Steel / Slurry so I am more asking if anyone knows what is being hauled (but your information is very helpful, thanks a ton :). )

Is it related to train operator? Some freight paths on Network Rail are described properly but most descriptions are scrambled.
Railcam states the freight operating company on The same page, so thus “MA100” thing is very unlikely to be related to a operating company. But thanks for the reply

DelW

Established Member
Pure speculation here, as I'm not familiar with your source, but mightn't these be the vehicle shuttles between Cheriton and Calais? I doubt many cars will be crossing at present, but even with the well-publicised post-Brexit issues, there are likely to still be plenty of lorries crossing the Channel.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Pure speculation here, as I'm not familiar with your source, but mightn't these be the vehicle shuttles between Cheriton and Calais? I doubt many cars will be crossing at present, but even with the well-publicised post-Brexit issues, there are likely to still be plenty of lorries crossing the Channel.
I thought the ET shuttles (and mainline freight trains) were limited to 140km/h, with Eurostar allowed 160km/h?

CW2

Established Member
MA100 paths are those allocated to the non-Eurotunnel ("National Railways") services running at 100 kph, e.g. bulk steel, trainload mineral water, mixed wagonload traffic.
ME120 paths are those used by non-Eurotunnel intermodal freight or automotive traffic, timed at a maximum speed of 120 kph.
The Eurotunnel shuttle paths are timed at a maximum speed of 140 kph.
The Eurostar paths are timed at a maximum speed of 160 kph.

Status
Not open for further replies.