• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Macclesfield to Kendal via Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gman

Established Member
Is a Macclesfield to Kendal ticket valid via Kidsgrove, Crewe & WCML?

A friend tried it and got an earful. I can understand EMT and LM not being keen between Kidsgrove and Crewe since I suspect they get nowt from such tickets! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

As far as I can see all Macclesfield to Kendal tickets are 'via Manchester', so this isn't allowed.

It also wouldn't be permitted anyway, because Cheadle Hulme is the only valid routing point for Macclesfield for this journey, so you'd have to go via there anyway.

6Gman

Established Member
Can you elaborate?

He changed at Kidsgrove and seems to have spent most of the journey to Crewe arguing with the Guard over his ticket! :D

(I don't think he was excessed or reported - I think it ended as a "don't do it again".)

I thought he was probably in the wrong (and told him so) but wanted to check with the cognoscenti on here.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
LM or EMT? I can imagine the latter would be rather unhappy at this and he is unlikely he wasn't charged (though it is difficult to know what should be charged, but at the very least the single fare from Kidsgrove to Crewe, to cover that train)

On LM you'd probably not get a ticket check anyway!

6Gman

Established Member
LM or EMT? I can imagine the latter would be rather unhappy at this and he is unlikely he wasn't charged (though it is difficult to know what should be charged, but at the very least the single fare from Kidsgrove to Crewe, to cover that train)

On LM you'd probably not get a ticket check anyway!

I don't know which train it was but given EMT's reputation I'm surprised they didn't press the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.