• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MacDonald & Dodds - ITV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigman

Can anyone identify which tunnel was used for filming the Box Tunnel scenes? I hope that people watching it don't think that the GWR main line still uses bull-head rail.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Can anyone identify which tunnel was used for filming the Box Tunnel scenes? I hope that people watching it don't think that the GWR main line still uses bull-head rail.
I don't think the majority of its target audience know what bullhead rail is. Or flat-bottomed. Or actually care.

Bigman

I don't think the majority of its target audience know what bullhead rail is. Or flat-bottomed. Or actually care.
I did forget to put a smilie laugh after my last comment, which was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
The interior shots apparently used Greet Tunnel near Winchcombe on the Gloucester & Warwickshire Railway.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I must admit that I thought that when they went into the former MOD site, there would be a reference to the Steam Reserve which, as we all know, is somewhere adjacent to Box Tunnel!

ilkestonian

Am I the only one who is a tad uncomfortable with the subject matter of this programme?

Very clever weaving of fact and fiction, but I wonder if it might encourage trespassing in a very dangerous environment, especially given the claims that there were no overnight trains and the first of the day through there was around 7am?

Status
Not open for further replies.