• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Madame Stoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Funny how you don't notice some things until you actually look at your pictures at home...

MadameStoat.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
I think that's a little unfair describing her as a stoat ;)
That's for you to decide, hence the '?'. Must be a 'hellfire' place to stand when moving though!

Jim

Established Member
There was a WAGON spotter at Doncaster Friday night, Jordy & Max can confirm :P

H

HR2

Still nobody has told me why it seems some rail enthuisasts are called 'Stoats"?

Tomnick

Established Member
Jim said:
There was a WAGON spotter at Doncaster Friday night, Jordy & Max can confirm :P
There were five in a line a few weeks ago :p. Getting quite common these days!

Guinness

Established Member
Tomnick said:
There were five in a line a few weeks ago :p. Getting quite common these days!

Wagon Spotters! Me and Rich saw one the other week at Warrington. Recording Wagon Numbers with a Dictophone. ;)

Established Member
Shes in my pic as well must be summit to do witht he fact ti was taken about 10 feet away from yours!

Zamracene749

Hmmm.
I would!

On the subject of female rail travellers, an ex of of mine once proclaimed that the roar of a locomotive on full throttle was more thrilling than any motorbike she'd ever been on, an opinion also echoed by my older sister who whilst travelling with me in the 1990s proclaimed that the sound of 37429 leaving Bangor was almost as good as sex!!! For some reason none of them quite appreciated 101s or pacers half as much.

ChrisM

Chaz said:
Wagon Spotters! Me and Rich saw one the other week at Warrington. Recording Wagon Numbers with a Dictophone. ;)
Their is one who sits on Eastleigh station all day most days spotting just wagons.
As for the stoat in the photo i would poke the lady for sure.:D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Chaz said:
You think that's bad? Try doing an overnighter at Carlisle, some of them camp out for the sole purpose of recording wagon numbers. I'm told it wasn't a one-off but a regular event!

H

HR2

ChrisM said:
As for the stoat in the photo i would poke the lady for sure.:D

STOAT POKING? Sounds like a little station way out in the country. ;)

Jordy

Established Member
Hang on, at this point I must tell you that the wagon spotter Jim posted about was Female!!!

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.