• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Madonna gets away with alleged sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...after-brisbane-stunt-has-girls-breast-exposed
Madonna faces the theoretical possibility of a sexual assault charge after pulling down the top of a teenage fan who went on stage with her.

The latest incident, in Brisbane on Thursday night, lasted less than a second but was, inevitably, soon being shared across the globe on social media.

It began when 17-year-old Josephine Georgiou joined the singer on stage during her second evening at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
“She’s the kind of girl you just want to slap on the ass,” the singer said admiringly of the barista and would-be model standing next to her. “And pull,” Madonna added, yanking down the girl’s strapless top to briefly reveal one breast, to aghast cheers from the crowd.

“I’m sorry, sexual harassment,” the singer continued. “You can do the same to me. Good luck,” she said, motioning to her own more robustly secured outfit.

Some Australian lawyers soon began speculating that such a move, if done without the consent of the other person, could constitute sexual assault...
If a bloke did this, the outcome would be very different indeed.

Some campaigners are very keen for selective "equality" in certain, areas, but not in others!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
It's certainly proving to be an interesting tour down under for Madonna. By all accounts she was drinking on stage in Melbourne the other night and having a drunken rant over her custody battle concerning her son Rocco. Classy girl.

Last edited:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I doubt the cheers were "aghast". And yes, it is not acceptable and if a bloke had done it there'd have been royal hell on.

It sounds like she's going full Lohan, mind. Speaking of bitter custody battles, her ex has enlisted the help of Fathers 4 Justice. That ain't going to end well for anyone

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I doubt the cheers were "aghast". And yes, it is not acceptable and if a bloke had done it there'd have been royal hell on.

It sounds like she's going full Lohan, mind. Speaking of bitter custody battles, her ex has enlisted the help of Fathers 4 Justice. That ain't going to end well for anyone

I concur. If the two of them had any sense they would sit in a room with their son and sort out their differences rather than dragging everything through the courts and the tabloids.

Bevan Price

Established Member
It's certainly proving to be an interesting tour down under for Madonna. By all accounts she was drinking on stage in Melbourne the other night and having a drunken rant over her custody battle concerning her son Rocco. Classy girl.

Class is not what I'd call Madonna. According to Metro, she turned up hours late for some shows. If she can't treat her audience with respect, perhaps she needs a long holiday.

Pakenhamtrain

Madona has had a bit of a stinker. A few shows have started at 2300. Well after the advertised start time. The result was very unhappy people who had no way of getting home because the last trains had well and truely gone

Status
Not open for further replies.