• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Magdeburg Hauptabahnhof

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Just got back from Magdeburg, was quite saddened at the state of the Hbf, which is more building site than station, does anyone know if this is to fit new tracks, or simply to build upon? I'll upload some film later in the week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuartmoss

This is the best I can find quickly.
I changed there a couple of months ago and noticed the extensive work.
At a quick read, PRM accessibility throughout (platform height and lifts) and renewal of underbridges. I don't find anything about extra tracks (TBH I think Magdeburg has enough) or buildings.
https://bauprojekte.deutschebahn.com/mobile/p/knoten-magdeburg
Thanks for the info. I used the station a few years ago, and there must have been at least another 2 lines and maybe 4, which no longer exist. I'll upload then and now films in a day or so.

Veteran Member
Half the platforms are closed for rebuilding, and ISTR there was a big hole where they are doing the roadworks underneath (Ernst-Reuter-Strasse), but I didn't have time to explore.

Groningen

Established Member
All high speedlines now bypass Magdeburg to and from Berlin via Wolfsburg and Stendal. Only 1 IC to Berlin and the rest to Leipzig/Dresden. To the west to Koeln and Norddeich Mole/Emden.

Source: Bahnhof.de

Veteran Member
All high speedlines now bypass Magdeburg to and from Berlin via Wolfsburg and Stendal. Only 1 IC to Berlin and the rest to Leipzig/Dresden. To the west to Koeln and Norddeich Mole/Emden.

Source: Bahnhof.de
That has been the pattern for a good few years now - during the rebuilding a good number of the ICs are stopping at MD-Buckau and using the avoiding curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.