• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maidstone East Upgrade Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train Maniac

Considering as the original thread is locked i'll post this here for anyone still interested

20210224_172817.jpg
Took a photo on 22nd Feb. The station is looking considerably complete :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
That does look as though it's going to be a decent entrance.

The side entrance always seemed a bit underwhelming in comparison to the station's status.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Indeed. Mind you, the old LCDR weren't known for their largesse when it came to passenger accommodation !

davetheguard

Established Member
Indeed. Mind you, the old LCDR weren't known for their largesse when it came to passenger accommodation !

I've read in a couple of books that, locked in fierce competition with the South Eastern Railway as they were, money was always a bit tight.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I've read in a couple of books that, locked in fierce competition with the South Eastern Railway as they were, money was always a bit tight.

Very true.

The ones between Maidstone and Ashford are uncharacteristically attractive for that company - the line was started as an independant and taken over by the LCDR I think.

Given all of that, I've always thought Maidstone East is quite a charming station. Pleasant buildings, but not fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.