• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maidstone to Bristol Airport return - best options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
As alluded to in the title, I'm flying out from Bristol Airport at 06:10 on the 22nd June next month, and scheduled to return at 15:25 on the 29th June 2022. In terms of getting there by train, I'm planning to get the final train from Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads at 23:32 on the 21st June, due in at 01:15, then get one of the all night bus services to the airport and avoid needing a hotel stay, then travel back straight after landing on return (as long as the national strike doesn't get in the way).

What are the best ticket options for this? I'm thinking I could get an advance ticket out, but given the unpredictability of flights and getting through an airport, a flexible ticket would be best on return. However if that was the case then an open return might be cheaper overall, then there's possible split ticketing options, which adds to the confusion.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Your target to beat is £88.40 which is the Super Offpeak Return (only £8 more than from London).

It's £28 more than from London via Waterloo and Warminster, but a return from Maidstone to London is over £30 so there is no saving there.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
If you are looking to avoid a hotel stay, travelling on one of the later National Express or Megabus coaches from Victoria to Bristol might be as worthwhile as going by train. There are coaches leaving Victoria just before midnight which arrive in Bristol around 2.30am, with Falcon or the airport bus to connect onwards.

sonic2009

Established Member
Megabus currently has the following available from Victoria on the 21st June for £7.61 + relevant booking fees/seat reservation if you want one

2200 London Victoria - Bristol Bond Street 0055 (Megabus)
0130 Bristol Bond Street - Bristol Airport 0150 (The Falcon)

Status
Not open for further replies.