• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Main Line Steam Sat 03 March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good Morning,

I had to travel on Sat 03 March from Paddington to Drayton Green, I was on the 1145 service and was hoping to see King Edward 1 arriving at Paddington or pass it along the line as far as Ealing but I think I was a little too early, there were people out with cameras at Paddington and also at Acton and Ealing as there were when I came back around 4pm.

Does anyone know if that train did run ok and did anyone get some good pictures.?

I think there was quite a lot of main line steam yesterday, I understand VSOE was steam hauled from London Victoria, as well as a special going to the S&CRly and also another one to Cleethorpes, which if I had not have had a prior engagement I would have booked as I have not done many of the lines it took to get to Cleethorpes and have not been to that seaside town either. I wonder of these trips all went to plan too?

(It was rather ironic that I nearly saw the King yesterday, as under my sweaters, by co-incidence, I was wearing a King Edward 1 Tee-shirt that I had bought on a Torbay Express trip a couple of years ago that was hauled by that loco.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
I was on the 10.00 out of Temple Meads to Paddington Saturday morning. I noticed the rail tour with Torbay Express carriages leaving about 9.40.

Later on after going through Swindon, I saw it stationary with fire engine alongside (it was 10.58 – I looked at my watch!). Was there a problem or was that a normal occurrence?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was on the 10.00 out of Temple Meads to Paddington Saturday morning. I noticed the rail tour with Torbay Express carriages leaving about 9.40.

Later on after going through Swindon, I saw it stationary with fire engine alongside (it was 10.58 – I looked at my watch!). Was there a problem or was that a normal occurrence?

I Think that would have been a water stop at Challow Road, it's quite normal
to use old fire engines as water tankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.