• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MAJOR computer error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Basically, I tried to add the ailiner pilot add-on for FS2004, but to get it working on a vista system, i had to install FS2004 into the users area, in it's own folder called Flight simulator 9 (equivelent to been in the Microsoft games folder).

Since I did this, I am the only one who can log into the computer, all the others get an error message saying

"The group policy client service failed the logon

Access is denied"

Any idea on how to fix this

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
Basically, I tried to add the ailiner pilot add-on for FS2004, but to get it working on a vista system, i had to install FS2004 into the users area, in it's own folder called Flight simulator 9 (equivelent to been in the Microsoft games folder).

Since I did this, I am the only one who can log into the computer, all the others get an error message saying
"The group policy client service failed the logon. Access is denied"
Any idea on how to fix this
First things first, I'll point out that I have very little (If any) experience in repairing Vista installations - As that's an OS best avoided like the plague IMO - But I'll try and have a go at helping ye anyway, using the experience I have of Windows XP. 8)

Ye imply above that ye are still able to log-in to Vista without trouble, so what I'd advise is that ye try doing a system restore to a date before the time ye installed FS2004. Although the restore might not affect the FS2004 installation directly - As it's located under the C:\USERS tree - It should restore everything on the Windows side of things, including the files/registry entries that FS2004 somehow managed to corrupt. :)

I can't guarentee that FS2004 will still work after such a restore is carried out...But after thy experiences above, I would suggest looking out an old XP Home system from somewhere to use as a games/sandbox PC, and keep FS2004 away from Vista! :shock:8)

Status
Not open for further replies.