• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major delays between Newcastle and Edinburgh (14/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

Due to a person or persons on the border bridge at Berwick, all services to and from Scotland are currently suspended

1E98 hasn't moved for almost 2 hours now with 1S39 not far behind

VT services from London are now starting to terminate at Newcastle

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gavin

Services are starting to run again the worst affected services have delays of around 2 hours

route:oxford

Established Member
Just whats not needed on a Sunday during the Edinburgh Festival and a few days before Scottish Schools go back. Hope things start moving again soon

Clearly not.

Was this a "threat to life" incident?

I've had messages from friends who were travelling today that variously claim that it was:-

A rail union "picket" a week early.
A Passenger protesting about the upcoming Virgin strikes.
A Scottish anti-Brexit campaigner.

SteveP29

I was travelling Newcastle to Edinburgh on the 18:52 yesterday evening.
The train in front (18:41) was delayed by 5 minutes and my train delayed by 1 minute.
Seems the earlier services terminating at Newcastle allowed later trains to run on time.

There was an Edinburgh- Kings Cross train on platform 3 when I arrived at Central Station which I noticed was an hour late though.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I was on a Hull trains service which got looped at Retford coming back from Selby last night by a service which appeared to be 90-odd minutes down.

Not a good day for the East Coast

Someone threatening to jump off bridge. Turned up at Newcastle at half 3, saw a raft of 'Delayed' instead of 'on time'.

About turn.. pub...

Status
Not open for further replies.