• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major disruption out of London Kings Cross (28/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
CSL2 Code Black declared (the highest severity) due to overhead wire damage between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park. Internal reports suggest the OLE is on the floor in Copenhagen Tunnel.

Major disruption expected until the end of the day.

Advice for passengers travelling

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
CSL2 Code Black declared (the highest severity) due to overhead wire damage between Kings Cross Finsbury Park. Internal reports suggest the OLE is on the floor in Copenhagen Tunnel.

Major disruption expected until the end of the day.

Advice for passengers travelling

Looks like they've open some lines to diesel trains, so any bi-modes can get through.

Recently arrived into PBO from the Joint Line several signal checks before arrival into P1. Station in total Chaos crowds spilling out onto the road Outside by the Hotel even Police in attendance with a Megaphone presumably for Crowd Control...
Am glad my Day is over ...

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Ticket acceptance on Avanti, TransPennine, East Midlands Railway, CrossCountry, Northern and ScotRail services.

However, I've heard that the Avanti Gateline at Euston are doing their usual and making up rules when it comes to ticket acceptance. Do believe Avanti services leaving London are very busy this evening.

On 1E22. Originally terminating at PBO. Over the tannoy announced that we’re reinstated to KGX as they’ve been able to open a line. We’re on an 801 though so presumably electrified.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I do believe Avanti services leaving London are very busy this evening.

Hardly surprising its been a very busy day (probably one of the busiest in 12 months) across the network on a warm Friday bank holiday weekend, and first decent weather with reduced restrictions.

philjo

Established Member
Glad I was on the 16:39 Kings Lynn departure, which appears to have been the last service that left Kings Cross.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
On 1E22. Originally terminating at PBO. Over the tannoy announced that we’re reinstated to KGX as they’ve been able to open a line. We’re on an 801 though so presumably electrified.
Can 801 a crawl into Kings Cross over a short unelectrified section on its single generating unit - didn't they work from Newton Aycliffe to Darlington under their own power?

Can 801 a crawl into Kings Cross over a short unelectrified section on its single generating unit - didn't they work from Newton Aycliffe to Darlington under their own power?
Good question, do I recall correctly that they have diesel backup generators?

GB

Established Member
Recently arrived into PBO from the Joint Line several signal checks before arrival into P1. Station in total Chaos crowds spilling out onto the road Outside by the Hotel even Police in attendance with a Megaphone presumably for Crowd Control...
Am glad my Day is over ...

To add to the mess there is a failed freight train in the Whittlesea area preventing any movements from Peterborough towards Ely/Cambridge.

Envy123

Had to go to Bedford and take a taxi to Huntingdon. If there were bus services from any MML station to Huntingdon station, then I would've taken them instead.

Established Member
Yes, if they get authority from Hitachi to start the generating unit.

TheBigD

Established Member
To add to the mess there is a failed freight train in the Whittlesea area preventing any movements from Peterborough towards Ely/Cambridge.
4L04, 1436 Hams Hall to Felixstowe.
Failed once between Kings Dyke and Whittlesea,,got going again only to fail at Three Horseshoes.

Any ideas why each train would have to wait at PBO (about 15 mins) to contact the signaller before departing?

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Yet again the TOCS treat their customers with contempt by leaving them stranded. Appalling...

OK, what should they be doing with the resources and infrastructure available to them? Marks given for showing your working out.

skyhigh

Established Member
OK, what should they be doing with the resources and infrastructure available to them? Marks given for showing your working out.
Especially given it's a Bank Holiday weekend and from what I've heard coach operators haven't been able to provide anything of use.

Fuzzytop

Really dreadful timing for the LNER folks ahead of (presumably) a busy Bank Holiday weekend.

However as a rail enthusiast I have to wince when the advice is:
LNER encourage you to use an alternative mode of transport to complete your journey today.

Allowing passengers with reservations today to travel tomorrow would be only reasonable, in my opinion.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Anyone know why the Moorgate services can’t run. I am assuming from the national rail website the juice needs to be turned off all the way to New Barnet / Gordon Hill. Which is a pity the Moorgate branch is getting blocked as a result. Saying that if they could keep it open. I suspect conditions will be a touch unpleasant.

Established Member
Really dreadful timing for the LNER folks ahead of (presumably) a busy Bank Holiday weekend.

However as a rail enthusiast I have to wince when the advice is:

Allowing passengers with reservations today to travel tomorrow would be only reasonable, in my opinion.
Services are fully reserved tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.