• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major Engineering Work August Bank Holiday Weekend 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Maybe a bit early but what if any engineering works are taking place over August Holiday weekend? Particularly interested in WCML, Chilton Mainline and ECML. Any info etc would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
I'm 99% sure there will be significant blocks on the WCML throughout its length for that weekend, from Saturday to Monday. Particular pinch points I'd expect would be Stafford and Watford.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I'm 99% sure there will be significant blocks on the WCML throughout its length for that weekend, from Saturday to Monday. Particular pinch points I'd expect would be Stafford and Watford.

At some point NR will want to put in the new bridge for the Norton Bridge flyover.
Not sure if they will be ready for that by August, but it's possible.
The piers are well advanced.

The Snap

Established Member
At some point NR will want to put in the new bridge for the Norton Bridge flyover.
Not sure if they will be ready for that by August, but it's possible.
The piers are well advanced.

Pretty sure that's Christmas, although they could go for August if they're ready in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.