• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MAJOR Powercuts in Poole and Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisA

I can't see a thread anywhere else, but if one has been started i apologise. Well, it's chaos down here at the moment. A fire broke out at about 9 this morning and flames began to reach 100 feet. A power cable came down and electricity has been on the blink. On the blink is a bit of an understatement. Schools and colleges have been sent home. Local power stations are useless. Their backup supply is being shared 3 hours Poole then 3 hours Bournemouth. It went off at school at 1 pm, and only now (7pm) has it returned. At it'll go off again at 10pm. Anyway, have lit candles, matched and so forth a question struck me. What is happening to the railways? I can't seem to find anything specific but all trains are 3rd rail EMU's so SWT are screwed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisA

You never realise how much you need electricity before something like this. I got home from school. No TV. No computer. No guitar amp. No nothing!

T

Tom

The railway was (relatively) unaffected, it had power fed from the substation at Bournemouth station as per usual between Bournemouth and Poole.

Jim

Established Member
That is why some people are offline tonight then

ChrisM

We were lucky and just missed any problems but a mate had no power all day. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.