• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major Problems for 'One'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb

Established Member
Yesterday evening and this morning (Evening!!!) Major delays occured to 'One Great Eastern/Anglia services following OHLE damage at Chadwell Heath. Below is a summary of events (Not compiled by myself)

A brief summary of the problems last night, which were one after the other from about 16.45 to 22.00. Time are approximate (apart from the first one).

16:45: OHL damage Up and Down ELs at Chadwell Heath, 2 x 8 car 315s with damaged pans (hence the cancelled Metros this morning - 4 units short before we even start on trying to balance the stock for service). Both ELs still blocked when I went home.

17.10: 17.00 LV-NR a failure at Liverpool Street

Guessing at 18.45ish but time was a blur last night: 4S88 failed at Brickhouse (loco unknown) which turned into something of a farce thanks to misunderstandings between NR control, the signaller and Freightliner control, and thanks to a FL driver being a bit of a pillock. Engine of 4M41 removed at Marks Tey to go and rescue 4S88 (eventually - after Up trains had been stood for FIFTY minutes waiting the engine to leave the loop) and returned 4S88 to Ipswich.

Time unknown: Up and Down main blocked at Gidea Park 4L22 stopped at with a report of sparks from the wheels (stop and examine, no fault found but stopped both roads for 20 minutes).

20.00: 8 car 315 failed in Ilford station on the Up Electric line with brakes stuck on (gone by the time the 2230 went past at 23.15)

20:30: 1F26 19.12 (I think) LV-Braintree terminated Ilford due to brake defects.

21:30 4L92 slipped to a stand on Brentwood bank with 86501 and 1238 tons on the drawbar - which cretin stuck THAT out on more than 800 tons on its own in the leaf fall season?

And today my events:

- Arrived Liverpool Street 1539.

- 1548 Braintree & 1555 Southend Cancelled

- 1602 Was next FAST Train to Shenfield

- 1602 arrived Shenfield 1645 jammed solid!

What a nightmare!!! And units affected at Gidea Park still there tonight (One without Pantograph)

Status
Not open for further replies.