• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Make Your Own PAs For BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnorail

Hi there does anyone have the program where you can make your Own PAs for BVE. I tried on Damons Site and the link worked but u cannot download the programme does anyhave it . Please send it to me. Iwould be really grateful.

[email protected]

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

That program was in fact for MSTS, traininthebrain... just was on a BVE site!

T

Tom

First of all, do not use 'txt spk'.

Second of all, I downloaded it from the site when it was there.

Tom B

Established Member
It's a program, not a programme.

Anyway you can add PAs with .announce

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
It's a program, not a programme.

Anyway you can add PAs with .announce

I think he wants to make his own Tom. ;)

Jordy

Established Member
If such a program existed, i'm sure it would be useful, although i've never heard of it.

Jordy

Sturdjos

Is there anyway you could do one in say, sound recorder using a microphone, convert it, and put it straight into the line?

Tom B

Established Member
Yep, use the command

.announce file,

where file is the path of your (.wav format) sound relative to BVE/Railway/Sound

Sturdjos

And then you can place it anywhere?? :D
(Ie - in between stations, at a station etc.)

Well - I'm happy now!

Cheers Tom

Edit: This is what I've got in the W&C route for the Annoucement of the train terminating at Waterloo

3100,.rail 1;-3,.announce wc\deadent.wav,,,,

Would I need the numbers etc, or would I just put .annouce (etc) ?

Tom B

Established Member
You need to have a displacement number starting the line, look through the route file and you will see station commands to get your bearings. s is in metres.

The Snap

Established Member
It is easy. I use dopplers (.doppler) for sounds, as it allows you to position sounds. For example, you can position a sound five metres left of the track, and five metres higher, if you like. You are best using this for passing train sounds or sounds in the area (such as car alarms, birds, cars etc etc).
For station or train announcements, use the .announce command, as Tom says.

Sturdjos

The displacement lines are the numbers that are at the start of a line? Would you have to create a new row if you wanted to put a new announcement in (with a new displacement number?)

Tom B

Established Member
You can tack it on to the end of an existing one but make sure you have a comma between all the commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.