• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MAN - BNG (Return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
I've booked a ticket form the above route, travelling on Friday 18th July, returning Sunday 27th July. The ticket was £30.30 SAVER RETURN.

If I were to get on the train without a ticket, and purchase on from the Conductor for the same route and dates, how much would it cost?

Thanks for any info!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've booked a ticket form the above route, travelling on Friday 18th July, returning Sunday 27th July. The ticket was £30.30 SAVER RETURN.

If I were to get on the train without a ticket, and purchase on from the Conductor for the same route and dates, how much would it cost?

Thanks for any info!
Good question.

There is no Standard Day or Standard Open; the Saver is valid at any time. So, in theory, they would sell you a Saver... but they may refuse to do that and issue a SOS at £27.20. In theory, you could get someone to excess the SOS into a SVR but they are not supposed to do that, so it could result in £27.20 each way rather than £30.30 return.

Why didn't you get a railcard discount?

BTW, the NXEC site is good for checking ticket prices.

The Snap

Established Member
Good question.

There is no Standard Day or Standard Open; the Saver is valid at any time. So, in theory, they would sell you a Saver... but they may refuse to do that and issue a SOS at £27.20. In theory, you could get someone to excess the SOS into a SVR but they are not supposed to do that, so it could result in £27.20 each way rather than £30.30 return.

Why didn't you get a railcard discount?

BTW, the NXEC site is good for checking ticket prices.

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

And I don't have a railcard. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.