• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Man found stabbed to death on Marylebone bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39742676

A man has been found stabbed to death on a bus in central London.

The 48 year old was found fatally wounded on the 189 bus in Gloucester Place, near Dorset Square, at about 00:10 BST.

Detectives believe the man boarded the vehicle at Brent Cross bus station at 23:13 but are investigating when and where the stabbing took place.

The man was treated by paramedics but pronounced dead at the scene. No arrests have been made.

Scotland Yard said they believe they know the man's identity but are awaiting confirmation that his next of kin have been informed.

Det Ch Insp Noel McHugh said he wanted to "hear from anyone who was at Brent Cross bus station or who travelled on the 189 bus from Brent Cross towards the Marylebone area".
A sad story. I presume all London buses are fitted with CCTV?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Are they allowed to enter service with defective CCVT?
The driver wouldn't know if it was working or not. For double deckers there's a monitor in the cab for the stairwell/upstairs but that's usually a different system.

BestWestern

Established Member
The driver wouldn't know if it was working or not. For double deckers there's a monitor in the cab for the stairwell/upstairs but that's usually a different system.

So a fault would be discovered only if footage was required but missing?

ECML180

So a fault would be discovered only if footage was required but missing?

Possibly, on vehicles I've driven it displayed a fault light on the CCTV box. Easy and obvious to tell...if the box is somewhere you look. For us it meant that if you wanted to check if it was working, you could easily, but you wouldn't notice if it wasn't.

BestWestern

Established Member
Possibly, on vehicles I've driven it displayed a fault light on the CCTV box. Easy and obvious to tell...if the box is somewhere you look. For us it meant that if you wanted to check if it was working, you could easily, but you wouldn't notice if it wasn't.

I'd have expected TfL to require it always to be working. Their standards are rather strict!

bramling

Veteran Member
And what has that got to do with it?

TfL standards generally do leave something to be desired though.

You will find that the CCTV on the fateful team journey was not recording. The idea that everything is wonderful just because of TFL's influence doesn't always hold true sadly.

Antman

Established Member
You will find that the CCTV on the fateful team journey was not recording. The idea that everything is wonderful just because of TFL's influence doesn't always hold true sadly.

I suspect a lot of companies have CCTV that isn't always working although I agree that TfL aren't any paragons of virtue regarding standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.