• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Man Piccadilly to Barnetby season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth taylor

Im thinking of getting a weekly season ticket in May between the above stations. I looked on National Rail and it just said 'SORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG'.

I looked on TPE website and its only doing from a month onwards.

I dont want to fork out for 5 returns or mess about getting advance singles, as I want to come and go as want to.

Any help in finding the price would be grateful.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hmmm, Avantix NFM05 is coming up with an error code ...

Can't help you any further, perhaps Yorkie will come along with a solution ... :)

EDIT: You can get a Weekly Season Ticket to Habrough, the next station on the line - works out at £125.40 (Standard) or £188.10 (FC) .... that might be the best option to do.

Someone else with a bit more knowledge might suggest something better or cheaper! :)

Last edited:

north

Humm - NFM 05 gives no 7 day season ticket fares from manchester to barnetby.

Seems splitting seasons would be an option (train does have to call at the station(s) split at as rule 19c from the NRCoC only applies where there is one season.)

Splitting at doncaster is the best I saw

Man - Doncaster (route Sheffield) - 76.50 7day
Doncaster - Barnetby - 42.90 7 day

Total = 119.40

I guessing most of the trains you plan on getting stop at Doncaster? ANd go via Sheffield?

For comparison (and I haven't tried splitting) the SVR is £33.30 wih no restriction (so valid in the peak). So a weeks worth of buying tickets is (assuming 5 days) is £166.50.

As an aside - the manchester - barnetby saver is valid on all trains yet there is a SOR priced at £42. Who in their right mind woukd buy this??

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
NFM 05 CD does not show any fares for season tickets between Manchester and Barnetby.

I suspect this may be due to lack of demand.

The following 7-day Standard season tickets are shown:
Manchester - Doncaster route Leeds £100.60
Manchester - Doncaster route Sheffield £76.50
Doncaster - Barnetby £42.90

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As an aside - the manchester - barnetby saver is valid on all trains yet there is a SOR priced at £42. Who in their right mind woukd buy this??
A PRIV holder (at 75% off the SOR) cannot buy SVRs. Also someone buying on board from Manchester (but not at Barnetby!). Or maybe someone who wants to break their outward journey overnight (the outward portion of an SOR is valid for 4 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.