• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mancheseter to Preston Via Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

premier01

I have a Preston to Mancheseter SOR-would the unused return portion be valid to get me back to Preston from Crewe on WCML boarding at Crewe?

Several previous discussions suggest it would but want to be sure.

Thanks,

Premier01

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scrapy

Established Member
I might be wrong but I believe a Manchester to Lancaster ticket is valid via Crewe. Might be cheaper to excess it if this is the case but I don't have the fares to hand.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
And isn't Warrington? Recall being able to when there was a massive gap between trains after Take That

It is not, however during times of disruption or with large crowds special arrangements might be made.

sonic2009

Established Member
Manchester - Preston SOR £17.90
Manchester - Lancaster SOR £21.50

Manchester to Lancaster is valid via Crewe.

I work out the excess to be £1.80 (half of £3.60) as only excessing the RTN portion.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Manchester - Preston SOR £17.90
Manchester - Lancaster SOR £21.50

Manchester to Lancaster is valid via Crewe.

I work out the excess to be £1.80 (half of £3.60) as only excessing the RTN portion.

The correct Excess for travelling over distance is the full difference in fares (and has been for some time).

Status
Not open for further replies.