• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester-Bath tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all,
Will be starting at the University of Bath next week, and was wanting to collect some tips anyone may have in finding cheap tickets back to Manchester. Most likely journeys will be northbound on a friday evening/saturday morning, and southbound on a sunday evening.
Have looked at via Newport tickets and often isn't much cheaper, via London is sometimes a similar price but for the extra hour I think I can endure a Voyager instead. Have got a railcard and will be getting an NUS card for 10% off the XC tickets.
Is there anything else that I could do for cheaper tickets? Where would be the best places to split?
Cheers,

Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
You can split Bath-Cheltenham-Wolverhampton-Manchester on off-peak returns and save a couple of quid. About £48 return with yp discount.

Otherwise book advances far in advance, splitting Bath-Bristol Temple Meads (off-peak single), Bristol Temple Meads - Manchester (Advance, XC), or just Bath-Manchester Advance. From £40 return.

Status
Not open for further replies.