• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester MC plated signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampy

Whilst on a trip to Manchester yesterday and finishing off the Eccles "loop" on the tram between Deansgate and Ponoma - I noticed that the signals in that area have been replated from MP to MC.

Is this still controlled from Picadilly PSB or the new Manchester SCC at Stockport?

I also noticed on the way back that the signals between Manchester Oxford Road and Picadilly are still plated MP

Just curious..... :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railsigns

Established Member
Whilst on a trip to Manchester yesterday and finishing off the Eccles "loop" on the tram between Deansgate and Ponoma - I noticed that the signals in that area have been replated from MP to MC.

Is this still controlled from Picadilly [Piccadilly] PSB or the new Manchester SCC at Stockport?

Neither. Signals plated MC are controlled from Manchester ROC, located at Ashburys.

Stampy

Cheers, I meant the ROC, forgot it was at Ashburys!!!

I DID do a search on here, but it wasn't showing anything....

However, searching "MC plated signals Manchester" on google threw up the following post on here.....

Yes Manchester Central is the work station at the ROC for what was previously controlled by the Manchester North SCC (west panel) which included Victoria station east junction, west junction and Deal St Junctions along with Salford Central and the stone Terminal but now includes Ordsall Lane, so the work load has increased quite a bit over night! Manchester Oxford Rd (I think) has also moved to the ROC from Piccadilly SCC how ever it has lost Orsdall Lane on its patch.

I believe the Central work station will eventually control the Chord junctions aswell but not 100% on that definitely the Northern end anyway.

The Windsor link is also bi directional now too.

Last edited:

louis97

Established Member
I also noticed on the way back that the signals between Manchester Oxford Road and Picadilly are still plated MP

Between Piccadilly and Oxford Road is the boundary between the ROC's Central Workstation and Manchester Piccadilly SCC. The signals at the Oxford Road end are controlled from the ROC, those at the Piccadilly end from Piccadilly SCC.

The signalling around Oxford Road and up to the fringe between Oxford Road and Piccadilly have only been re-controlled, so have retained the MP prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.