• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Metro Link/Crosscountry Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew32

Hi

Can anyone give me details of what tram drivers are paid for working on the Manchester Metro Link and also details of overytime, training etc etc?

Also any details about train manager pay etc etc for Crosscountry Trains.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kaine19

New contract for trams now. Were on 28200 but new joiners will be on 20k through training then 21k first 6 months then will go onto 23k. Then will go up either every 6 months or when you learn a new line. Training is around 6-8 week. Overtime is time and half but at the minute there isn't much

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hi

Can anyone give me details of what tram drivers are paid for working on the Manchester Metro Link and also details of overytime, training etc etc?

Also any details about train manager pay etc etc for Crosscountry Trains.

Thanks in advance

Did you apply for the Metrolink vacancies that close today?

Andrew32

Thanks for the information, I haven't applied yet, just interested to know details that's all.

kaine19

The rota you will go on is proper poo haha. 6 days on 2 days off and on one bit is 5 weekends in a row. On my link which is 12 weeks long 6 of them weeks are lates.

martin2345uk

Established Member
The rota you will go on is proper poo haha. 6 days on 2 days off and on one bit is 5 weekends in a row. On my link which is 12 weeks long 6 of them weeks are lates.

How does that work? Doesn't that mean you end up doing more than 5 days a week on average..?

kaine19

Basically your days off change each week I.e monday Tuesday. Tuesday Wednesday so your doing 6 days in a row

martin2345uk

Established Member
Ah I see thanks :)

May I ask what you think of the job? The day to day, how the public are, how the company is etc..?

kaine19

The job is pretty good. I like the driver role. The public can be very demanding if it goes wrong and it does often. The company am not sure can run it properly. The kids are a nightmare at night. They can get on and off as they please and cause chaos. They don't even listen to the police

Simon11

Established Member
I believe you get unsocial able hour payment on Metrolink of an extra £1 per hour- what time does this apply for?

martin2345uk

Established Member
The job is pretty good. I like the driver role. The public can be very demanding if it goes wrong and it does often. The company am not sure can run it properly. The kids are a nightmare at night. They can get on and off as they please and cause chaos. They don't even listen to the police

Yeah I've seen on the local news the kind of little scrotes you have to deal with :( but I suppose you are told not to put yourself at risk in such situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.