• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Metrolink journey times

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandroid

Established Member
Can anyone point me to a source of journey times between stops on Metrolink?
Traveline tells me to phone someone. I cannot find this boringly simple info on any tgfm site. Are there downloadable timetables?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Can anyone point me to a source of journey times between stops on Metrolink?
Traveline tells me to phone someone. I cannot find this boringly simple info on any tgfm site. Are there downloadable timetables?

Use Google Maps. Type in the stop, click on the blue tram icon and it lists you a load of departures. Click on any upcoming departure and it'll give you a list of times to every stop on the route :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I think he means minutes between each and every stop in the way that London Underground show it on their route maps?

fandroid

Established Member
It certainly works. The only prob is that Google haven't heard that the airport line is open!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I think he means minutes between each and every stop in the way that London Underground show it on their route maps?

Well the OP can still work that out anyway.

It certainly works. The only prob is that Google haven't heard that the airport line is open!

It does? The 1015 from Cornbrook is showing now?

Last edited:

WatcherZero

Established Member
Alternately use the traveline website and search for bus routes A, B, C, etc...

The network is headway rather than timetable based so TfGM don't publish timetables other than start and end of service. They do provide guide information for travel planning to calculate multi-modal journeys with though they are only indicative.

Last edited:

fandroid

Established Member
They only released one of the journey time between stops for the APL as seen below

Also the weekday timetable for all lines

1660 Weekday TimeTable v1.1.xls

Thanks for that. How is that journey times one accessed?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see that the tram takes 12 mins from the airport to Benchill, whereas the route 43 bus takes 17 mins. I am now storing these facts away in my head for the next time I have to do an airport to Christie Hospital run. Benchill is (I think) the last place I can swop modes, and possibly gain a minute or two.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry everyone. I see now that I have been somewhat dim here. The journey times are shown on each line guide. Having downloaded one for the East Didsbury line, I see that it's there before the tables of first and last trams to various far flung destinations.But I do wonder when tgfm will put trams back on the online journey planner. It's a bit of a cop out to ask everyone to phone. They must have timetables for operational management, even while things may be changing fairly rapidly. Getting someone to update traveline regularly should be part of the day job.

Last edited:

rebmcr

Established Member
I see that the tram takes 12 mins from the airport to Benchill, whereas the route 43 bus takes 17 mins. I am now storing these facts away in my head for the next time I have to do an airport to Christie Hospital run. Benchill is (I think) the last place I can swop modes, and possibly gain a minute or two.

You can change Metrolink lines at St Werburgh's Road and then alight at West Didsbury, which doesn't involve changing modes and puts you 500m from Christie's.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Alternately use the traveline website and search for bus routes A, B, C, etc...

The network is headway rather than timetable based so TfGM don't publish timetables other than start and end of service. They do provide guide information for travel planning to calculate multi-modal journeys with though they are only indicative.
Surely there must be some sort of timetable, otherwise how do they allocate drivers and know which depots need which Trams?

WatcherZero

Established Member
Exactly, a working timetable not a public timetable. There will be so many amendments during the day with reroutings, running short, delays, cancelled services, extra services put on, etc.. its only really a guide to drivers an not something they advertise as reliable timings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.