• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester on North Country Rover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A Leeds - Manchester advance is likely to be cheapest .

For walk-up travel, Hebden Bridge - Manchester

Starmill

Veteran Member
And you can also get an Advance between Hebden Bridge and Manchester, although two of them doesn't save much over an Off-Peak Day Return.

thoys

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes Yorkie, would be the same day.

Something else I was thinking of is the FTPE service from Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street which calls at Manchester Victoria. Would it be possible to use my rover as far as Leeds and have a ticket for after Leeds? Not sure how that would play. Would be ideal if I could do it without getting off the train. Any advice appreciated!

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes Yorkie, would be the same day.

Something else I was thinking of is the FTPE service from Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street which calls at Manchester Victoria. Would it be possible to use my rover as far as Leeds and have a ticket for after Leeds? Not sure how that would play. Would be ideal if I could do it without getting off the train. Any advice appreciated!

You can use a Rover and an Advance ticket in combination to complete a longer journey without having to leave the train, provided that together they cover your entire journey. Remember that the Advance is tied to a particular service. If you cannot reserve the same seat for the entire journey, please be aware of other reservations that might affect where you sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.