• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester - Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Any ideas for filling in the time between 10:00 and 14:00 in Manchester on Saturday will be greatly accepted. I need to get to Altrincham in time to watch the match. Pub recommendations always welcome ;)

I will have a Greater Manchester Wayfarer or ranger

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PR1Berske

Established Member
Any ideas for filling in the time between 10:00 and 14:00 in Manchester on Saturday will be greatly accepted. I need to get to Altrincham in time to watch the match. Pub recommendations always welcome ;)

I will have a Greater Manchester Wayfarer or ranger

My answer always is the Piccadilly Tap on the approach to, er, Piccadilly station :D

telstarbox

Established Member
The beer selection is good in the Tap but I'd call it a bar rather than a pub.

Also try the Britons Protection and the Knott (both near Deansgate-Castlefield if you're getting the Metrolink out to Altrincham).

Have you been to the People's History Museum before?

Bayum

Established Member
Canal Street is nearby? Managed to find a few decent deals on spirits and beers last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.