• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester to Edinburgh Northern & Avanti Off-peak Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

317 forever

Established Member
I have bought an Off-peak Return from Manchester Piccadilly to Edinburgh only valid on Northern & Avanti. The times were good and it offered a little flexibility. I booked it for next weekend well ahead of the Coronavirus news yet alone rail cutbacks.

Given that the Avanti service to Edinburgh is suspended, with all remaining trains via Preston being TransPennine Express, I wonder whether under the circumstances this ticket will be valid on TPE?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
In such a situation, any train company that can must help you. So in this case it would be a question of getting as far as Carlisle on Avanti and then joining a TPE service.

317 forever

Established Member
In such a situation, any train company that can must help you. So in this case it would be a question of getting as far as Carlisle on Avanti and then joining a TPE service.

This might be a good compromise, as I would only be using TPE on the section withdrawn by Avanti.

I am 90% sure I am cancelling the trip though. Even Travelodge have promised in principle a refund voucher if cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.