• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester to Southport

Status
Not open for further replies.

webntweb

Hi, I am a new member, retired and travel by train fairly regularly for leisure.

I have a GMPTE concessionary travel pass which I believe I can travel as far as Appley Bridge on the Wigan to Southport line. If I bought a return (in advance) from Appley Bridge to Southport would I have to break my journey at Appley Bridge or could I remain on the train.

thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
You are allowed to hold a single ticket or a combination of tickets/passes valid for your journey. Many people use a combination to save money. You don't need to get off the train at Appley Bridge.

Also, if you wanted you could break your journey between Appley Bridge and Southport without buying two separate tickets. Although, on some longer journeys that wouldn't be allowed if you held a ticket which specified that you are only allowed to travel on the booked train.

cool110

When using split tickets you never need to leave the train, but it does have to stop at the station where you change tickets (unless conditions 19(a) or (c) apply).

In your case as PTE passes and tickets do not count as seasons for the purposes of 19(c) the train will need to stop at Appley Bridge.

Gathursty

Established Member
I do believe every train stops at Appley Bridge in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.