• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester visit/Pokemon go info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair G.

Hello all,

Tomorrow I'm off on my travels to Manchester to do a bit of bus spotting. I'm there for about 4 hours in total so was wondering if someone could tell me the places to go for numbers.

I plan to go picadilly gardens but wondered if there was anywhere else that is good for numbers?, perhaps stiff I wouldn't see at picadilly gardens.

I arrive and depart from Manchester picadilly so I don't really wish to stray too far but I'd be happy if anyone has any info!

Also, does anyone know if there are any poke stops or poke gyms at picadilly gardens and if so, what Pokemon I might be likely to catch.

Thanks

Alistair

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
Pretty much all south Manchester buses go through the part of Piccadilly Gardens by the tramstop; East Manchester the part by Morrison's; a few more South Manchester (and the Busway) buses the part by Wetherspoons. The remainder of buses in central Manchester can be spotted at Shudehill bus station. There are a few bus routes in the Greater Manchester conurbation that don't go to central Manchester, if you fancy a trip out to Stockport/Ashton/Wigan/etc

I don't know about poke-things, but there are always people aplenty in Piccadilly Gardens presumably playing Pokemon Go

PermitToTravel

Established Member
Sorry, should probably also have mentioned: Albert Square is a good place to stand to spot the buses towards Salford

D365

Veteran Member
It is a pity that Ivo has been away from this website for such a long time, as there was nothing that he did not know about Pokémon.

He has been sorely missed.

Unfortunately I have no idea about playing in Manchester, but my girlfriend lives nearby and she always finds plenty of critters spawning outside her house. I imagine that the Gardens will be well populated anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.